Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sasu

Smart Meter Opt-Out Letter now online

Send a message to the CPUC!

PG&E Smart Meter Opt-Out Letter

We now have an opt-out letter on line that sends a message to the CPUC to let them know you do not want Smart Meters on your home. If they get enough of them they will take notice. Let other people know, It will help our efforts at the CPUC.

Thanks,

Sandi Maurer
    EMF Safety Network
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Nomad

Re: Smart Meter Opt-Out Letter now online

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sasu: View Post

We now have an opt-out letter on line that sends a message to the CPUC to let them know you do not want Smart Meters on your home. If they get enough of them they will take notice. Let other people know, It will help our efforts at the CPUC.

Thanks,

Sandi Maurer
    EMF Safety Network

Please forgive my ignorance, what is a smart meter?

4. TopTop #3
    Runningbare

Hi Sandi,

Before sending off the letter to the CPUC, I have a question of clarification of one part of it:

"I will not opt-in to the Smart Grid Home Area Network system by installing an interior meter . . ."

What exactly is meant by an "interior" meter? So far as I understand, the new Schmart meters are intended to replace the old meters in their same locations, which are (albeit barely) exterior to the dwelling or business.
    Images conjure of these cursed gizmos in one's bedroom or kitchen.

Or is "interior" a typo where you meant to say "inferior"? If so, it is a rather critical typo that could open up endless "corrective" banter from PG&E, not to mention wild claims about all us "crazies".

Thanks,
    Ron

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sasu: View Post

Thanks,

Sandi Maurer
    EMF Safety Network

5. TopTop #4
    Sasu

Hi Ron,

Yes, they expect a 21% compliance rate for folks to install an interior meter and RF appliances to create a Home Area Network- that sends RF to the interior meter and Smart Meter so you can learn to reduce your energy use.

The Smart Meters they are installing actually have two RF transmitters-one goes straight into your house and the other to the repeater. AND what they dont tell you is your house could also be used a s a repeater, channeling up to 1000 other homes signals. That info was found in an Electric Power and Research Institute report, (and they are industry friendly.) They also say these meters are within FCC compliance, as long as you keep a few inches away...

I like that- Schmart meter..

Sandi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Runningbare: View Post

Before sending off the letter to the CPUC, I have a question of clarification of one part of it:

"I will not opt-in to the Smart Grid Home Area Network system by installing an interior meter . . ."

What exactly is meant by an "interior" meter? So far as I understand, the new Schmart meters are intended to replace the old meters in their same locations, which are (albeit barely) exterior to the dwelling or business.
    Images conjure of these cursed gizmos in one's bedroom or kitchen.

Or is "interior" a typo where you meant to say "inferior"? If so, it is a rather critical typo that could open up endless "corrective" banter from PG&E, not to mention wild claims about all us "crazies".

Thanks,
    Ron

6. Gratitude expressed by: