Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    typewriter

Passover approaches! Anyone want to get together?

Hello!

Passover (Pesach) starts the 29th and I'm looking for people who want to get together sometime that week for a casual observance.

This is really open to interpretation/input...I celebrate more formally w/my family but I'd love to include other more community-oriented observances as well. This could look like a lot of things and I am enthusiastic about doing something that isn't a traditional seder (or a seder at all). Let's have a kosher-for-Passover potluck or meet up for tea or brunch or whatever and good conversation around the many, many important themes/offshoots of Passover in a casual, easy-flowing context...

I'm especially interested in making a space for folks who are interested in their Judaism/observing Passover from a cultural standpoint but don't necessarily identify religiously. People who are interested in including discussion of Passover in regard to current events/social consciousness are welcomed with extra enthusiasm. Non-practicng Jews, non-Jewish partners, those with more ambiguous heritage...all welcome to reply. And please do!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Also, below I've pasted a description for a seder at Ner Shalom which is a great synagogue, in case folks are interested...

Save the Date: The Four-Question Seder (4Q-S)
    Saturday, April 3 ~ 6:00 PM
    Led by Reb Irwin Keller.
    Join us for an unusual, provocative, delightful Passover celebration. What are the Four Questions you need to ask at this moment in your life? With discussion, music and delicious food we will explore the limits and the limitlessness of freedom. This will be everything you always wanted in a seder (and much less!). There will also be plenty of activities for children. For registration fees or information, please visit our website at www.nershalom.org or call Vicki in the office at (707) 664-8622, email [email protected].
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    StormDancer

Re: Passover approaches! Anyone want to get together?

There will be a Seder gathering at the Glaser Center (Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Santa Rosa) on March 29th. This will be a more casual observance and will be led by Rev Chris and UUCSR members who wish to honor their Jewish heritage. As always, all are welcome.
    -AnnaLisa
    Last edited by Barry; 03-04-2010 at 09:51 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    typewriter

Re: Passover approaches! Anyone want to get together?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply here --I've also received a few replies privately as well.

So I'm thinking we should get something on the books as a tentative date/plan. Would love input. My priority is low stress, family-friendly, and budget friendly.

Friday 4/2 dinner gathering or a Saturday 4/3 brunch might work...

If someone else can host I can make something like matzo brie...

Or a meet-up at a restaurant/coffee shop either of those days could work (and folks can observe kosher-for-passover diet to whatever degree/non-degree they please)

Those who are interested, let me know what would work.