Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    justme

Joe Stack, FBI and Free Speech

I am not justifying Joe Stack's flying his plane in the building in Austin. I understand his frustration but don't understand the response afterward.

What really concerns me is two things that happened quickly after the plane crash.

First, the FBI told the web hosting company of Joe Stack's company website to close it due to the website's "sensitive nature".

Second, someone on Facebook started a "Joe Stack Fan Club" page that, we all know, would happen. Facebook has since closed the site down.

I am not supporting or condemning Joe Stack or the "Fan Club" author(s).

What does concern me is government agencies, corporations or anyone telling me what I should and should not read, anywhere. This is plain and simple censorship that stops all of our right to read, see, agree or disagree and to get both sides of the issues at hand.

I know there are those that say these sites shouldn't be promoted when others have died or been hurt in Austin.

My question is, who ultimately decides what is right or wrong to publish? One answer in my mind. ME! and no one else.

I would like to read others thoughts on this issue, pro or con to mine!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    LenInSebastopol

Re: Joe Stack, FBI and Free Speech

That guy Murdock owns a bunch of media outlets. George Sorros as well, I believe. That's a couple of names. Just as much fun is to see what's pushed on any given, and then look around for the political stuff released. Or when the pres leaves the country. All kinds of good stuff. Try finding OSB stuff lately. As for your original post, beats me. A real pisser too.
    Just more guys in a room.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email