Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    CSummer

Seeking housing assistance agency - Santa Rosa/Sebastopol

A fellow I know is in great need of a living situation (has income to pay rent), and I would like to put him in touch with an agency that could help with up-front costs (deposit, etc.) of moving into a place.

I know of agencies in Rohnert Park and Petaluma that provide such help. Are there any in Santa Rosa or Sebastopol?

Thanks much!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Byron

Re: Seeking housing assistance agency - Santa Rosa/Sebastopol

Here are a few things I would suggest:

1 https://sonomacountyhomeless.org/resource_guide.php
    Lots of resources here.

2 Contact these agencies you are referring to in Petaluma and Rohnert Park and ask them who their counterparts are in the geographical areas you are interested in.

3 Go to Sonoma County Housing at 1440 Guernerneville Rd., Santa Rosa and look at the housing brochures in the lobby and discuss your situation with the receptionist. While you are there get an application for Section 8 housing. Ask if he is qualified to apply for this. Ask how long it takes to process an application

4 Check the Press Democrat and on line rental listings and see if there are some landlords would forego the move-in fees or maybe bundle them in with the monthly rent for a few months.

5 Check with utility companies and see what their installation charges are and see if they can be pro-rated over several months.

6 Most offices are probably closed this Monday; President's Day.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CSummer: View Post
    A fellow I know is in great need of a living situation (has income to pay rent), and I would like to put him in touch with an agency that could help with up-front costs (deposit, etc.) of moving into a place.

I know of agencies in Rohnert Park and Petaluma that provide such help. Are there any in Santa Rosa or Sebastopol?

Thanks much!

3. TopTop #3
    galephil

Thanks to Byron for all the good ideas. There are several agencies that administer the HCA fund for deposits and other emergencies like broken down cars. They have a very limited amount of funding which is distributed on a monthly basis. Check with Community Action Partnership; they know which agencies use the program and can take applications themselves.

Another resource is the Resources Referral number at the County. Most of the public service agencies are listed there. It is 2-1-1.
    Good luck,
    Gale

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Byron: View Post
    Here are a few things I would suggest:

1 Sonoma County Homeless Resource Guide
    Lots of resources here.

2 Contact these agencies you are referring to in Petaluma and Rohnert Park and ask them who their counterparts are in the geographical areas you are interested in.

3 Go to Sonoma County Housing at 1440 Guernerneville Rd., Santa Rosa and look at the housing brochures in the lobby and discuss your situation with the receptionist. While you are there get an application for Section 8 housing. Ask if he is qualified to apply for this. Ask how long it takes to process an application

4 Check the Press Democrat and on line rental listings and see if there are some landlords would forego the move-in fees or maybe bundle them in with the monthly rent for a few months.

5 Check with utility companies and see what their installation charges are and see if they can be pro-rated over several months.

6 Most offices are probably closed this Monday; President's Day.

4. TopTop #4
    Cin

Deposits: the 2 agencies administer a fund called HCA, specific for deposits. Please know that an applicant needs to contribute atleast 25% of what is being asked.
    West County Community Services - Seb
    Community Action Partnership - SR