Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Diane

An inside perspective on Copenhagen, from someone who is there

Hello community,
    I wanted to ask if anyone has a list of local non-mainstream newspapers who may be interested in hearing the inside scoop, from someone who is actually in Copenhagen and sending reports to me about what is happening there. She has done an amazing job describing and clarifying the issues as well as explaining what she has experienced in police brutality against very peaceful non violent civil society protestors. She has even given links to explore and help us expand our knowledge further.

I want to bring it to your own attention to read if you like as well as try to get some news media sources involved. Please feel free to distribute the information in my blog far and wide as this is a very critical time in the summit debate as well as on our planet.

Here is the link to the first posting, there are three in total and I may post more when I receive more updates from her.
    What is Happening in Copenhagen? Vibrant Traditions Blog

Thank you for your concern,
    Diane
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: An inside perspective on Copenhagen, from someone who is there

Thanks Diane,

I'll check it out.

Recently I've also forwarded two reports to my political lists, one from musician David Rovics and one forwarded today by Starhawk.

They can be found on the yahoogroups.com website for this list: [email protected]

Cheers,

"Mad" Miles
    Last edited by "Mad" Miles; 12-17-2009 at 04:37 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Diane

Thank you for all the gratitude and for the post on other sources of information. I would really like to go to the vigil in San Francisco this evening and would love to share a ride. Here is the info, let me know if you are interested: Protest and vigil at the Danish Consulate will be held this Friday, December 18th at 4:30. One California St, at Market St. (Embarcadero BART), San Francisco. Bring candles and friends.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Diane: View Post
    Hello community,
    I wanted to ask if anyone has a list of local non-mainstream newspapers who may be interested in hearing the inside scoop, from someone who is actually in Copenhagen and sending reports to me about what is happening there. She has done an amazing job describing and clarifying the issues as well as explaining what she has experienced in police brutality against very peaceful non violent civil society protestors. She has even given links to explore and help us expand our knowledge further.

I want to bring it to your own attention to read if you like as well as try to get some news media sources involved. Please feel free to distribute the information in my blog far and wide as this is a very critical time in the summit debate as well as on our planet.

Here is the link to the first posting, there are three in total and I may post more when I receive more updates from her.
    What is Happening in Copenhagen? Vibrant Traditions Blog

Thank you for your concern,
    Diane

4. TopTop #4
    "Mad" Miles

Ooops,

I guess yahoogroups is more secure than I remembered. I just looked for publicly accessible links to my two forwards mentioned yesterday. They don't seem to exist.

"Mad" Miles

Here's a link to David Rovics original post:

Songwriter's Notebook: Report from Cop-enhagen

And here's Starhawk's post from yesterday:

To: [email protected]
    Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:03:23 -0800
    Subject: [starhawk] Protests at Copenhagen--Actions to Take!

Dear friends,

Yesterday was a key day at Copenhagen--not because of what happened inside the flawed and stalled talks, but because outside, so many people raised their voices to demand real accountability and real action! Protestors outside succeeded--in spite of intense police repression, preemptive arrests, and ongoing harrassment--in holding a People's Assembly outside the Bella Center where the conference is held. Civil society representatives succeeded in joining them--despite every effort of the authorities to prevent them.

My own friends are safe and free--including Alliance of Community Trainers' Lisa Fithian, who took a very public role helping to organize and train thousands of young activists. That's my own training collective, and although I couldn't be at Copenhagen, Lisa went and has been tireless and courageous in working to help our voices be heard. We were quite worried about her, because other public spokespersons were targeted by police.

Tadzio Mueller, an organizer with Climate Justice Action, was snatched and held before the actions. He needs our support, as do all the others who have been arrested, beaten, tear-gassed and pepper sprayed in their attempts to speak up for true and just action to preserve our world.

Here's a link to video:

https://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2009/dec/17/copenhagen-climate-chang\
    e

And here's a vitally important petition to sign, calling for the release of
    Tadzio Mueller, an organizer and spokesperson for Climate Justice Action--read about it on this page and please add your voices!

https://turbulence.org.uk/2009/12/freetadzio/

(If the links don't work well from this post, you can also find them on my
    Facebook page and my blog, Dirt Worship | Starhawk's blog on earth-based spirituality, permaculture, magic, politics, activism and Paganism.)

If you can donate something to help Lisa and Alliance of Community Trainers
    continue this and other vital work, go to:

https://trainersalliance.org/

Your support is deeply appreciated!

Starhawk