Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Women's Circle
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    whereiamnow

Women's Circle

I am searching for a women's circle in west county, preferably, but will travel. I read through all of the old posts on this topic-and it seemed there was a lot of interest and creative people wanting to meet--but none of the posts ever indicated if a group has formed...Or if there is an existing group open to new memebers? Looking for women to meet with, share, combine energy and wisdom.
    Thanks!
    Melissa
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    EarthLover

Re: Women's Circle

Hello Melissa,
    My name is Kristin, I live in west county and I too, have been hoping to form a creative and empowering women's group! I actually have a few different spaces that would be perfect to hold the group, with a very minimal hourly rate. Let me know what your dreams for a group are, perhaps we could meet? I would love to brainstorm with you! Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in collaborating! Thanks and have a magnificent day!
    Peace and Blessings,
    Kristin

Quote Posted in reply to the post by whereiamnow: View Post
    I am searching for a women's circle in west county, preferably, but will travel. I read through all of the old posts on this topic-and it seemed there was a lot of interest and creative people wanting to meet--but none of the posts ever indicated if a group has formed...Or if there is an existing group open to new memebers? Looking for women to meet with, share, combine energy and wisdom.
    Thanks!
    Melissa

3. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Women's circles are held by the Women's School.org

Thanks!
    Melissa

4. TopTop #4
    Portia
    Supporting Member

I am also interested provided it is flexible, easy going and in Sebastopol or not too far away. We could use my large living room if we wanted to.

I am out of town til the middle of the month.

Portia

5. TopTop #5
    Karinako

Hello. I have been looking for the same thing in the Sebastopol area. My website is manuscriptsplus.com and contains my resume, which details most of my background and interests. If you come across something which seems suitable, would you please give me a call @ 707-865-9633. Thanks very much. Karan
    Last edited by Karinako; 11-04-2009 at 10:13 AM.

6. TopTop #6
    erinsheff

Hi:

Couldn't find your resume on Manuscripts.com, but it sounds like we might have some common interests. Can you further direct me?

Erin

7. TopTop #7
    SandBar

Hi, I found Karen's site Affordable Online Editing; English or ESL tutoring in Sonoma County
    I,too, am interested in a women's group - have been in several in the past - with indigenous ritual emphasis, support type and new and full moons. My website - guess this is how we 'show' each other -
    https://www.SondraBarrett.com
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by erinsheff: View Post
    Hi:

Couldn't find your resume on Manuscripts.com, but it sounds like we might have some common interests. Can you further direct me?

Erin

8. TopTop #8
    tatiana tamarkin

Thanks!
    Melissa
    Hello Melissa,

I am a painter, gardener and poet sharing many of the same interests with the women who have responded to your post. I hope that we can bring this idea to fruition. My e-mail is [email protected] or 887-2768.
    Love, Tatiana

9. TopTop #9
    Coriver

Hi Melissa and Women,

Thank you for posting this request for a women's group, Melissa. I too am wanting this in my life right now.

My top 5 values are Self-mastery, Parenting, Business, Upliftment, and Bliss, and not necessarily in that order. This is a cyclic process. I am a Hypnotherapist with interests in cell-communication, healthy eating, nature walks, dance, martial arts, yoga, shamanism, writing, uplifting people, and good business.

My needs in a women's circle/friendship-community: companionship, honoring, non-sexual touch, ritual, inspiration, and healthy relations with well-balanced, motivated people.

My wants in a women's circle/friendship-community: to be challenged/challenge, empowered/empower, and encouraged/encourage, yet held/hold, heard/listen, and seen/see.

If anyone is drawn to this kind of a group, then I'm interested in you. I would love to hear from you through my email [email protected]. Let's Birth this together. Corrina Rose Rivera

Thanks!
    Melissa

10. TopTop #10
    moonmama

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tatiana tamarkin: View Post
    Hello Melissa,

I am a painter, gardener and poet sharing many of the same interests with the women who have responded to your post. I hope that we can bring this idea to fruition. My e-mail is [email protected] or 887-2768.
    Love, Tatiana
    Hello melissa, I am also interested in starting a womens group, I would like to have a group that focuses on artistic expression and expanding & actualizing goddess spirituality. Personal growth work is o.k. too however I am not seeking that as the primary focus of the group. I am a gardner, & full time student , I make jewelry and am currently making a personal tarot deck. I am 50, looking to start a group for women in the same stage of life, questing the meaning of being an elder in our community, my email [email protected] or sherry 579-4861

11. TopTop #11
    Coriver

Thank you to those who have responded to my previous reply to the original post. It appears that there may be a few groups that form here. I'm going to further clarify what I would like in a group. Following is my "I" list, which is composed of sentences each containing the word "I" in them. Narcissistic sounding? Yes! Intentionally made so? No!

1. I'm in the 30+ age range, in a divorce, have older, independent teens, and recently have started a new business.

2. I appreciate having witnesses and supportive input for my growth process.

3. I see us each sharing in leading the group and alternating themes as we go along.

4. Also, I feel that holding a container for ground rules will keep us focused on the theme and on staying positive.

5. I would like to meet 2-3 times a month.

6. I have a space in Santa Rosa for us to meet.

It is good for us to meet and talk about goals for our group. I am pleased to hold a space for it and look forward to hearing from you about when would be a good day/time to arrange this. This is exciting!
    Corrina Rose Rivera at [email protected]

It looks like we have a group of people interested in forming a circle. I know that I am unable to serve as the sole organizer. I am a full time teacher with limited experiece in groups. It sounds as if others might have more experience. I would be willing to share responsibilities with people. I think if we could at least begin with an initial meeting- get to know one another and create a vision for the group. Perhaps each person could become responsibile for a montly theme or focus? We can do this together. Let's try and find a time and place where we can meet and go forward. Coming into the holidays I know we might be pressed with family obligations. Perhaps we could all try and think of a time and place for December.

12. TopTop #12
    Karinako

Hi. We have something started here along The River in Forestville and Monte Rio, but it's not exclusive to this area, and we're still looking. I'd like to be kept abreast of what might be developing in other sections of the Sonoma/Marin Counties.

I think I'd like to invite a few interested women over to my place in Monte Rio for starters. My web site is Affordable Online Editing; English or ESL tutoring in Sonoma County, which should tell you a little about me and my orientation.

We have a smallish, 1,200 square feet home, without the deck now that it's this time of year. Still, I would like to invite a few interested parties out to The River to see what might get off the ground.

So far, I've met with a few interested women. We had something of a mini block party in Forestville when a friend came along and old neighbors and new neighbors showed up. I wanted to transport everybody to our place, where we might have been more comfortable, but after about an hour and one/half of lively conversation, people just more or less broke up, hopefully with the intention of doing more of the same soon.

Karan Henley Haugh

13. TopTop #13
    Karinako

Hi. I'm trying to get a Women's Circle going basically on the Russian River. I'm in Monte Rio, have been here for 4.5 years. Have written a book which I hope to soon publish, '"River People," but I'm seeking more in the way of intellectual and artistic involvement at present.

What about you? Where are you located? Would you like to come out to The River?

Karan Henley Haugh

Quote Posted in reply to the post by emeraldcitykt: View Post
    Melissa et all,

I would like to join a supportive women's circle too. I have never been in one per se but have been in a lot of groups and support groups. I live in Santa Rosa and would love to have a group that meets in Santa Rosa or Sebastopol where the participants would be willing to come fragrant free (no perfume, no strongly synthetically scented lotions etc). It sounds wonderful to meet and support one another along our paths.

katie

14. TopTop #14
    tatiana tamarkin

It looks like we have a group of people interested in forming a circle. I know that I am unable to serve as the sole organizer. I am a full time teacher with limited experiece in groups. It sounds as if others might have more experience. I would be willing to share responsibilities with people. I think if we could at least begin with an initial meeting- get to know one another and create a vision for the group. Perhaps each person could become responsibile for a montly theme or focus? We can do this together. Let's try and find a time and place where we can meet and go forward. Coming into the holidays I know we might be pressed with family obligations. Perhaps we could all try and think of a time and place for December.
    Goddesses,

It looks like this idea is growing. January 7th, Thursday sounds fine to me although it would be great to meet sooner -- raise our spirits together for the holiday season. The Coffee Catz (the coffee shop in Sebastopol) has a comfortable back room which could accomodate a small group. Afternoon would be best for me and Sebastopol would be a wonderful location. Hope you're all having a great day. Tatiana

15. TopTop #15
    Karinako

Dear Tatiana et alia, Hello. I would love to meet in Sebastopol. If the planned date is Thursday, 7 January, at what time would that be? I have a Court authorized two hour conversation with my sons back in Maryland on Thursdays, from 3:00 to 6:00. I would not miss this, but I would like to come to a meeting.

Sincerely,

Karan Henley Haugh

16. TopTop #16
    Pamela Peterson

I would be very interested in a womens meeting or group starting in west county. I am new to this website-but would be able to attend some meetings if we can get this together. I am unable to pay a fee however. I do think with the upcoming holiday stresses-we could all use a friendship group!

17. TopTop #17
    klchadwell

Hi. I totally dont know how to use this website at all yet. But I have been interested in a womans circle, parents group for a while now. Who would I talk to about joining? my email address is [email protected]. I dont know how to check the replys on here. Thanks. Hope to hear back soon.

18. TopTop #18
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I'm delighted to see this thread be so active and it seems one or more groups will be formed thanks to Melissa's initial post and the many responses.

If you men out there are feeling left out, I encourage someone to step forward and initiate a similar process for us guys! I am a member of a men's group that was formed 2+ years ago by a similar post by one of our members.

Let me remind you that it is not necessary (but OK if you choose) to include your email address in your post. Registered members of WaccoBB.net will be able to use the button on your post to contact you.

19. TopTop #19
    Homavati

Hello,

I am a 42 year old, single, professor/integrative health practitioner interested in woman's group that blends personal and professional and spirituality and science. I have considered leading a group around these themes for women in their 40s for quite some time. I am also interested in the group(s) that seem to be forming in this thread. I am grateful to see so much interest! I am open to either leading or joining. Looking forward to further contributions to this thread regarding meeting details as well as welcome inquiries regarding the themes I tossed out.

Very best regards,
    Chiara Maria Kae

20. TopTop #20
    Coriver

Hi Portia,

Your idea of having a gathering at your place, and going from there with different groups possibly forming, sounds great. Count me in. Blessings, Corrina Rose Rivera

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Portia: View Post
    I am also interested provided it is flexible, easy going and in Sebastopol or not too far away. We could use my large living room if we wanted to.

I am out of town til the middle of the month.

Portia

21. TopTop #21
    joyma

Hi everyone,
    This is a wonderful idea - I would love to participate. I have a home in Sebastopol where we could meet.

I'm a single mom (as of a month and a 1/2 ago), and I am starting my own business. I'm looking for much of the same things that have been mentioned in earlier posts. Particularly an opportunity to support each other in spiritual awareness and growth, participation in ritual and developing friendship.

If anyone would like to meet in December, we could do so at my house. How does a Saturday morning or evening sound? It would work for me, but my daughter would most likely be around - in which case it would be fine for any other mamas to bring their kids...my daughter is 5 3/4...

How about Saturday December 5th. We could start with a morning meeting (maybe 10:00 or 10:30) and take it from there to determine when/where works best for everyone...

If this works for any of you please email me offline and we can get the initial group formed and then make a final announcement on WaccoBB...

Peace and blessings!

22. TopTop #22
    klchadwell

So It looks like there is plenty of people to get together for the womens group. It kind of looks like its up in the air as well as far as where and what time etc. I would love to get people to call me so we can set up a first meeting in the beggining of january. I live very close to sebastopol, it can be held at my place, maybe everyone can bring a little healthy yummie snack. I have a seperate play room for children if you bring your child. We just need to get someone in there to watch over them. Maybe if we all pitch in about $2 bucks each meeting, I can then pay for one of my peoples to watch the children. If you are interested in getting this together. Please call my cell phone, so we can all meet up. It sounds like it could be fun. Meet new and exciting parents/women. Network, vent, get ideas, get help, share information.

Hope to hear from all of you soon

THanks. Kristi 707-623-0234

23. TopTop #23
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Hi,
    I am also interested to come and see what groups form from this. I am in my late 40's, a wholistic practitioner and looking for support groups that share information and well... mutual support.

Thanks
    Andrea 525-8673

24. TopTop #24
    Homavati

Hello,

I am interested in attending and request phone/address/contact information to confirm a meeting this Saturday?

Thank you,
    Chiara
    707-477-7791

Quote Posted in reply to the post by joyma: View Post
    Hi everyone,
    This is a wonderful idea - I would love to participate. I have a home in Sebastopol where we could meet.

I'm a single mom (as of a month and a 1/2 ago), and I am starting my own business. I'm looking for much of the same things that have been mentioned in earlier posts. Particularly an opportunity to support each other in spiritual awareness and growth, participation in ritual and developing friendship.

If anyone would like to meet in December, we could do so at my house. How does a Saturday morning or evening sound? It would work for me, but my daughter would most likely be around - in which case it would be fine for any other mamas to bring their kids...my daughter is 5 3/4...

How about Saturday December 5th. We could start with a morning meeting (maybe 10:00 or 10:30) and take it from there to determine when/where works best for everyone...

If this works for any of you please email me offline and we can get the initial group formed and then make a final announcement on WaccoBB...

Peace and blessings!

25. TopTop #25
    Shandi

This new post is part of the ongoing discussion on organizing various women's groups/circles. I just wanted to make sure that it's also in the "Women's Circle" category.

I'm thinking that because the title indicates "help" to organize, maybe some women aren't looking at it, because they don't want to be part of the organizing, but do want to attend.

Anyway, Portia's post includes a site where women can list their names, location, email, and check when they can attend a group.

As she indicates at the bottom, there is a scheduled meeting at
    Joyma's on Saturday morning on Dec. 5th.

So, anyone interested in that might check for Joyma's informational
    post. Her contact information wasn't listed on Portia's post, but I'm sure if women look through the various posts, hers will be there
    somewhere.

I think that keeping this ongoing information in one place is important, and the Doodle site that Portia set up is a great way to have a list of interested women, when they're available for a meeting, and topics of interest to them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Portia's post:

Want To Help Organize Free Local Women's Groups?

Interested in free, local women’s groups in West County, Sebastopol or anywhere in Sonoma County? A number of us have expressed interest, so I am planning an organizing potluck to get acquainted, discuss structure and perhaps get a few groups rolling.

Please use the following doodle poll to enter the potluck dates that work for you: https://doodle.com/kcriv3ak7xirwiuc The poll closes next Monday, 11/30/09. If only a few can meet in early December, we can hold another meeting in January.

Enter your name, town, email address, phone (optional), and then click dates/times that work for you. List your abbreviated preferences in the comment section – type, location, frequency, day of the week, time of day, parenting focus, health issues, rituals, childcare needs… Please be brief; at the potluck we will have sheets for more specifics.

Located on Robinson Road near downtown Sebastopol, we can handle 50+, have access to off the street parking, (please carpool) and there is a playroom, so I propose the potluck be held here and then smaller groups can discuss where else to meet. Personally, I like the idea of meeting quarterly as one large group and then as desired in smaller more focused groups.

Please note: This plan does not replace Joyma’s Saturday morning meeting on December 5 th in Sebastopol. I see the two activities as complimentary.

Portia

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Homavati: View Post
    Hello,

I am interested in attending and request phone/address/contact information to confirm a meeting this Saturday?

Thank you,
    Chiara
    707-477-7791

26. TopTop #26
    Shandi

Just a reminder that if you're interested in the group that's meeting on Sat. Dec. 5th, you need to "reply privately" to Joyma's post, as she requested.
    Otherwise she would have to go through the posts to find out who wants to come.

So, the best way to confirm is to contact her directly through her post.

Shandi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Homavati: View Post
    Hello,

Thank you,
    Chiara
    707-477-7791

27. TopTop #27
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Just a reminder that if you're interested in the group that's meeting on Sat. Dec. 5th, you need to "reply privately" to Joyma's
    Here's a link to Joyma's post.

28. TopTop #28
    Shandi

Hi Joyma,

I've been receiving emails from women interested in your proposed Dec 5th
    meeting. Not sure why they're emailing me?

You've asked women to reply to you "offline", but I don't see anyway to do that. I've told them to "reply privately" to you via WaccoBB, because that's the only way I know of, without going back through several posts.

Can you put a status report on Wacco under this thread, so women get a sense of what's happening.

1. Number of women who've indicated that they want to come to Dec 5th
    meeting.

2. The time of that meeting if it's been decided, and what city it's in,
    though this post has the city listed. It facilitates things to have the
    information consolidated in one place.

3. An "offline" way to contact you to let you know they're interested

4. Indicate how women will be advised of the directions to your place.
    Via email or phone?

5. Deadline to RSVP for this meeting. That way, the responsibility is on the
    women to contact you before this deadline, and you know how many to
    expect.
    6. If small children are present, will someone be supervising?
    It can be difficult to have an adult meeting without it.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by joyma: View Post
    Hi everyone,

Peace and blessings!

29. TopTop #29
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Hi
    Can some one please tell me where and when these meetings are so that I can attend?

Thanks,
    Andrea

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Hi Joyma,

I've been receiving emails from women interested in your proposed Dec 5th
    meeting. Not sure why they're emailing me?

You've asked women to reply to you "offline", but I don't see anyway to do that. I've told them to "reply privately" to you via WaccoBB, because that's the only way I know of, without going back through several posts.

Can you put a status report on Wacco under this thread, so women get a sense of what's happening.

1. Number of women who've indicated that they want to come to Dec 5th
    meeting.

2. The time of that meeting if it's been decided, and what city it's in,
    though this post has the city listed. It facilitates things to have the
    information consolidated in one place.

3. An "offline" way to contact you to let you know they're interested

4. Indicate how women will be advised of the directions to your place.
    Via email or phone?

5. Deadline to RSVP for this meeting. That way, the responsibility is on the
    women to contact you before this deadline, and you know how many to
    expect.
    6. If small children are present, will someone be supervising?
    It can be difficult to have an adult meeting without it.

Thanks,
    Sandy

30. TopTop #30
    whereiamnow

Hi all--I hope each of you enjoyed your holidays! I have been receiving a lot of emails and inquiries for the 12/5 and 12/7 meetings. Could someone please post or reply to group email the details if those gathering are happening. Thanks and hope to meet y'all soon!