Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sd gross

Sotomayor Unreachable?! Not Any More!

:puppy1:After five months of trying to learn S.S.'s e-mail address with absolutely no success, I gave up. It just wasn't (to me) available. So I looked up the U.S. Supreme Court's snail mail address and sent her what I wanted to: A bit of shaggy doggerel which took the form of a "poem" I'd written about ten years ago when a Major League Baseball strike was very narrowly averted. The teams' owners were ready to hire "replacement" players so there could be a "Season" but Sonia Sotomayor intervened and helped prevent it.
    I thought she might like my piece (called "Scabs" ) so I mailed it to her with a short note of explanation.
    Unbelievably, I got a letter today thanking me "for your generous note and for sending me a copy of your poem." She went on to say "you are a great scribe and have made me smile widely". It was written and signed by Sonia Sotomayor.
    I guess e-mail has its applications, but sometimes it pays to ink it and put a stamp on it.
    Now I have a wide smile too!

stephen

:anyone:

Contacting Sonia Sotomayor

About 6 weeks ago (today is 9/22) I put out a call for help in learning how to reach our newest Supreme Court Justice via e-mail.
    To date, about 55 Waccovians read my request but, amazingly, no one has been able to help me. All I want to do is send her a little baseball-themed piece I wrote when it looked like the Bigs were about to hire "replacements". Nothing political, nothing disrespectful, nothing scary at all.
    If anyone has this bit of info or can turn me on to whomever may be able to help me with it, I would be very grateful.
    I plan on writing Woolsey, Feinstein & Boxer, but they're not terribly responsive when it isn't something that improves their lives.
    Of course I'll be happy to send my baseball piece to anyone out there who might like to read it.
    Have a lovely autumn!
    appreciatively
    stephen

I can't believe how difficult it is to find our newest Supreme Court Justice's e-mail address! I've tried politicos and their staffs on every level, written to newspapers and other media and haven't been able to elicit one helpful response.

(Several years ago I sent something I'd written to Hon. Ruthie Bader Ginsburg and was blown away by finding a personal, hand-written response in my mailbox a week after I'd sent it.)

If anyone can help me I would be tremendously grateful (and, upon request, happy to share what it is that I plan to send her - It has to do with MLB).

I know at least one of you in WaccoLand will be able to help me out and I would love hearing from you.

Thanks
    stephen
    Last edited by sd gross; 12-04-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: ad image
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email