Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tars

Speaking of Snippets & Rollovers...

I want to give you some positive feedback about a feature of your board that I really appreciate.

I extensively use the little rollover feature where a snippet of a post is displayed when the cursor is rolled over the post title. Is your board still hosted by sonic.net? For some reason I have a slow connection to your board at times. For instance, a few minutes ago I clicked on one of the topics in General, and it took almost two minutes wait before it would display. I assume this is a sonic-related, because whenever slow-loading happens, I can click to other sites in other tabs, and they load promptly. Click back to Wacco, and it's still waiting to load.

This slow-loading forces me to be more selective about which posts I click to read. But I can always get an initial idea of what's in a post by rolling over the title. Thanks for that feature!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Speaking of Snippets & Rollovers...

You're most welcome, Tars! I like that feature too and use it often myself. One problem, though, is that the "views" field is not updated, so posts are getting more visibility then is reflected in that field. Of course the same thing goes for the digest "views".

Regarding response time, yes, we are still at sonic.net on a shared server. I recently upgraded the site to use the newest database version (MySQL 5) and its associated less-used server. That seems to have helped a bit, but not enough. Sometimes is real fast and sometimes it isn't.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    I want to give you some positive feedback about a feature of your board that I really appreciate.

I extensively use the little rollover feature where a snippet of a post is displayed when the cursor is rolled over the post title. Is your board still hosted by sonic.net? For some reason I have a slow connection to your board at times. For instance, a few minutes ago I clicked on one of the topics in General, and it took almost two minutes wait before it would display. I assume this is a sonic-related, because whenever slow-loading happens, I can click to other sites in other tabs, and they load promptly. Click back to Wacco, and it's still waiting to load.

This slow-loading forces me to be more selective about which posts I click to read. But I can always get an initial idea of what's in a post by rolling over the title. Thanks for that feature!

3. TopTop #3
    Lorrie

I just wanted to pipe in here on this topic! I too really love that feature. My only issue with it is that it doesn't stay on long enough. Is there a way to set it so that it turns of when you take the cursor off of it...not when you are in the middle of reading it so that you have to "roll over" again to finish...

Canyahuh?Canyacanya?

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Not that I am aware of. Sorry.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lorrie: View Post
    I just wanted to pipe in here on this topic! I too really love that feature. My only issue with it is that it doesn't stay on long enough. Is there a way to set it so that it turns of when you take the cursor off of it...not when you are in the middle of reading it so that you have to "roll over" again to finish...

Canyahuh?Canyacanya?

5. TopTop #5
    Lorrie

Alas! I ask for too much!!