Greetings!

Sonoma County is very beautiful and generally a safe haven. However, wise women will learn how to best protect themselves, stand up for their right to safety and take any necessary precautions. Yesterday, I met Melissa who will be teaching this seminar and wanted to share this information:

Self-Defense Seminar For Women - Saturday, May 30th from 9am - 1pm

Inspired Fitness Training Center - 1310 Casa Grande Road / Petaluma
For more info: (707) 778-8889

For women drivers, may I make a few suggestions? Besides ALWAYS listening to your intuition, I suggest:
1) Being aware of surroundings and other people when approaching your car and making sure your inside light works. Locking all doors immediately.
2) Maintaining your car, checking all lights, making sure nothing is hanging out of the doors (such as a belt), making sure that there is no reason to be pulled over by a police officer!
3) Not stopping for anyone any time for any reason! When I lived in San Diego there were a few police officers who pulled over and assaulted women!
4) Another tactic used to make women stop and get out of their car to look: If a driver 'accidently' bumps your car as you are driving, do not pull over unless there is a police and/or fire station. Blow your horn as you are approaching to alert others. Officers do not hang out outside, so stay in your locked and moving vehicle.
5) If a creep* approaches your car while you are stopped, blow your horn and leave as soon as possible.

*Creep - you know someone's a creep because your intuition will alert you. Your intuition is not some mystical / magical / spiritual thing, it is your body's knowing. Women are not only whole brain thinkers (despite those non-sense myths we have heard) AND we have a great capacity to access our body's wisdom.

Hope this helps!

Larysa