Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Orange Tabby Still Missing - Relocated by a drug addicted, mentally ill tenant

My orange tabby cat is still missing. He was removed from the property by a mentally ill, drug addicted tenant so he could be anywhere. If you're having trouble with a very thin, 60 year old, aids infected man who seems very friendly but speedy then feel free to write. He's in the landscaping/ gardening trade. I'd like to warn the community about this man but I'm not sure about public identification. I tried to help this man and he rewarded me by relocating my poor cat. He said that the cat wasn't friendly and that he had gone to a better home.

Mac, my cat, is largish, 4 years old, neutered and very shy. He does not have any obvious white patches on his body ( just stripes ), with the exception of a white chin. He has gold eyes. He's most likely hiding and coming out at night to forage for food. Please ask any feral cat feeders in your neighborhood if they've seen him as this is another likely possibility.

There have been possible sightings on Bohemian Road just past Camp Meeker towards Monte Rio, Barlow Lane near the vineyard that borders the dirt road, and near a feral cat community between Occidental and Graton Roads ( caller wasn't specific ). There's also been an orange tabby seen around Mill Station Road near Cherry Ridge.

You'll find photos of him here

Orange Tabby Still Missing

though he's probably lost some weight as he's been missing for a long time.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated ... Call anytime 707-827-3616

and I will be taking the signs down when this is resolved ... sorry that they've gotten so ugly and tattered ... I've been ill and unable to replace them.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Skook

Re: Orange Tabby Still Missing - Relocated by a drug addicted, mentally ill tenant

If someone told me he had kidnapped my cat and taken him to a 'better home', I'd call the police. Have you? If not, why?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    My orange tabby cat is still missing. He was removed from the property by a mentally ill, drug addicted tenant so he could be anywhere. If you're having trouble with a very thin, 60 year old, aids infected man who seems very friendly but speedy then feel free to write. He's in the landscaping/ gardening trade. I'd like to warn the community about this man but I'm not sure about public identification. I tried to help this man and he rewarded me by relocating my poor cat. He said that the cat wasn't friendly and that he had gone to a better home.

Mac, my cat, is largish, 4 years old, neutered and very shy. He does not have any obvious white patches on his body ( just stripes ), with the exception of a white chin. He has gold eyes. He's most likely hiding and coming out at night to forage for food. Please ask any feral cat feeders in your neighborhood if they've seen him as this is another likely possibility.

There have been possible sightings on Bohemian Road just past Camp Meeker towards Monte Rio, Barlow Lane near the vineyard that borders the dirt road, and near a feral cat community between Occidental and Graton Roads ( caller wasn't specific ). There's also been an orange tabby seen around Mill Station Road near Cherry Ridge.

You'll find photos of him here

Orange Tabby Still Missing

though he's probably lost some weight as he's been missing for a long time.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated ... Call anytime 707-827-3616

and I will be taking the signs down when this is resolved ... sorry that they've gotten so ugly and tattered ... I've been ill and unable to replace them.

3. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Re: Orange Tabby Still Missing - Relocated by a drug addicted, mentally ill tenant

I'm curious about the suggestion to call the police, and wonder what they would do to this mentally ill person. There are so many mentally ill people at large, creating problems like this and others, but what can actually be done about it? Does anyone actually know?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Skook: View Post
    If someone told me he had kidnapped my cat and taken him to a 'better home', I'd call the police. Have you? If not, why?

4. TopTop #4
    arthunter

You're right Shandi, I've asked myself the same thing many times. There are low cost clinics available but often those with problems don't really think that they have serious problems so they don't seek help. Or their problems have to do with paranoia and detachment so they don't seek help.

In this case you throw in meth addiction and you get someone who's extremely messed up but he thinks that he's superman because of the drug. I suggested getting help after the cat was stolen and he denied having any problems even though he was visibly shaking from speed in my kitchen and unable to look me in the eye.

I did involve the police because I was afraid that my two remaining cats, my other roommate and I were in danger, and the case is still open and under investigation.

To make matters worse this man had a background in acting so he was able to hide his problems and I didn't suspect anything for a couple of weeks. I was happy to have him as tenant until it all went bad.

When the situation did unravel it was horrible with my poor, sweet, sick cat taken god-knows-where and possibly killed, ....screaming in my household during this tenants' fits of rage, ... totally manic behavior due to the drugs like extreme pruning of all of my landscaping ( very few flowers this year ) .....at one point he even pulled his bed into my living room ...

it was a nightmare for me and I'm still dealing with it psychologically ... I'm fighting depression and anxiety and still searching for my cat after 5 months ... hoping like hell he isn't suffering or dead ... it's one of the worst things that I've ever been through ...

Though I agree that jail isn't really the place for the mentally ill, or even for the drug-addicted, these people have got to be kept from hurting innocent people. In an ideal world every human being would be wanted by their parents, treated with love and respect, and given attention if they had psychological problems ...

But, unfortunately, this world is far from ideal ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I'm curious about the suggestion to call the police, and wonder what they would do to this mentally ill person. There are so many mentally ill people at large, creating problems like this and others, but what can actually be done about it? Does anyone actually know?