Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tars

Obama's Mixed Drug Message

I'm confused and disappointed by President Obama's mixed message about the "war" on drugs. I understand that there's a heaping pile of pressing issues on his plate. But drug use and government policies are having such an impact on our society, that the issue needs to be dealt with now.

I was disappointed when, at the "online town hall meeting" that Obama just gave, when someone emailed in a question about whether marijuana should be legalized so that the U.S. could save money stemming prosecutions, and reaping tax income. Obama laughed, and gave a flippant negative to the suggestion. Like it wasn't even in consideration.

I'm concerned that the Obama administration will address worldwide drug problems by sending U.S. military and more police to the Mexico border, to decrease the flow of drugs, cash, and weapons. That, plus giving Mexico more billions of our treasure, to finance the military in their country. 40 years of "drug war' has demonstrated to any reasonable person that the militaristic approach is complete wrong, and only succeeds in bringing us closer to a totalitarian state.

I would hope that Rahm and Barack will pay more attention to the growing chorus of voices worldwide, that say that the only path to ending the drug war, is to decriminalize. the best thing we can do for our border security, and to help stabilize Mexico, is to remove profitability for illegal drug businesses. When will they get the clue?
    Last edited by Tars; 03-27-2009 at 08:31 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email