Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    NorseViking869

Don Juan vs. Don Quixote

One of the many lessons I learned from all my relationships, including the 2 year relationship I just ended, is that there are two types of egos that a partner has. They are either Don Juan or they are Don Quixote.

I know that I have been a Don Quixote in my 2 year relationship. I was ignorant to red flags, only saw the good and joyous in my lover. However, recently and in the past, I was a Don Juan. I hated it at first and saw no virtue in it. I thought it was empty and detached. This however has changed for me.

See a Don Juan actually is a true virtuous lover. Capable of self love and gratitude. Unafraid of loneliness and heartbreak. Honest with themselves and others. Unlike the Don Quixote's that see love as a prize not a gift. Who are self deluded and in denial. Settle for less than they deserve to fill the needs of a vacuous heart.

I now accept the virtues of being Don Juan. It is nt evil and an empty existance. It is about being happy and open to sharing hapiness. Not simply chasing away misery.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    NorseViking869

Re: Don Juan vs. Don Quixote

Not so much as to resurrect this dead thread as to get a penny for your thoughts, When were times in your lives have you been Don Quixote or Don Juan? I'd love to hear whats on your minds, as I feel this is what truely being conscious is all about!

3. TopTop #3
    tanguero

ha, it's a good analogy! i actually have been both for a lot of my adult life: chasing and conquering the opposite sex, while also searching for the 'perfect' mate. generally i stay with a woman until it's clear it won't go the distance, and i'm always honest about where i'm with my feelings. i'm still balancing the two, but being more loving and realistic in both.

4. TopTop #4
    NorseViking869

I am glad that you understand the analogy. A lot of people don't realize (I included) that they see things as picture perfect, when in fact they are not. I am tending to go with the flow now and see people for who they really are, not just how pretty they look, or sexy they act.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tanguero: View Post
    ha, it's a good analogy! i actually have been both for a lot of my adult life: chasing and conquering the opposite sex, while also searching for the 'perfect' mate. generally i stay with a woman until it's clear it won't go the distance, and i'm always honest about where i'm with my feelings. i'm still balancing the two, but being more loving and realistic in both.