Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barrie
    Supporting member

Tethered goats wanted!

Bring your appetite for grass and peas. I need my field mowed and want to avoid using fossil fuels. Because there are baby trees planted, I need to have the goats tethered. The field is securely fenced & you would be welcome to inspect for any hazards. If you don't have tethers, I would be willing to buy two sets. If anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear from you.

Barrie
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Cat Swan

Re: Tethered goats wanted!

Hello Barrie,
    I think you should fence off the young trees. Many people do this to keep them from the deer as well. Not sure if goats would respond well to leashes. Goats are independent but will stay within a good fence.

3. TopTop #3
    Cat Swan

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Cat Swan: View Post
    Hello Barrie,
    I think you should fence off the young trees. Many people do this to keep them from the deer as well. Not sure if goats would respond well to leashes. Goats are independent but will stay within a good fence.
    Another thought... I could give you a pair of rabbits, the female is spayed, and they could keep your grass trimmed naturally. I haven't used a lawn mower in years! You could put them in a corral of fencing wire, which can be moved around as needed. 707-478-5952

4. TopTop #4
    Barrie
    Supporting member

This sounds doable. I have lots of wire fencing that could be looped into a corral and metal fence posts that could be used to anchor it. I assume that they would need a little house, would they need supplemental feeding? Could they keep 1/2 acre mowed?

The field is securely fenced so that dogs couldn't get in & they are large enough to be safe from cats.

Please call me, 544-1893. Barrie