Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jupiter13

Seeking other moms to exchange childcare

Hello -

Do you wish you had more resources for regular and loving care for your child? Would you prefer to trade with another mom instead of pay per hour?

Have you been inspired by books like "The Continuum Concept", authors like Naomi Aldort, Alfie Kohn or principals like attachment and unconditional parenting or educational models like Unschooling, Sudbury Valley or Montessori? Or, more simply stated is your practice to trust your children and let go of constant control ? Are you committed to feeding your family as healthfully as possible and are you mostly media free?

I have a 3.5 plus year old daughter and I am looking to find one or more other moms with a similar parenting philosophy who want to regularly exchange care. My daughter goes to preschool 2 mornings a week but I regularly need care another day or evening a week. I am home with her much of the week and could take another child for a few hours/day.

I am a passionate about education that is deeply respectful of children and "follows" their learning process, instead of leads it. I am in school full time to earn my teaching credential and Montessori certification. I have worked with children, preschool-high school for the past ten years. I am not necessarily looking for moms who have similar experience, but it would be a bonus to connect with other moms who have explored alternative education (or are thinking about it.) I am committed to a practice of self-awareness so that I can be a more present in all aspects of my life. Currently I am in Occidental but would drive to Sebastopol for half of the trade.

If interested please write back back with a bit about yourself, your parenting views and what you are looking for. I am really busy at the moment and may not get back to you as soon as I would like. If there are a number of responses that seem like good matches, I'll arrange a meet up at a local park.
    Last edited by Jupiter13; 02-09-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: would like to change category but not sure how
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email