Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Hot Compost

Accepting Political Censorship in the Corporate World

This morning I answered someone's question on a computer graphics website. They were asking about Dell monitors.

I pointed out that Michael Dell was a primary fund-raiser for Bush in the Y2K election, and posed the question, "why buy Dell ? Dell supports Bush." I also offered some alternatives, for example a 24" Samsung monitor with a matte finish.

My post was deleted, and I received a warning -

"no political talk you can re-post your comment in this thread if you want...

https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=23&t=710012

...but leave out the political talk. there is no political talk on CGTalk."

So now the thread is CG people rhapsodizing about the wonders of Dell monitors, with my brief comment excised.

I don't like being censored, but in the short-term, I have to make peace with it.

It is odd to be around other people who are brilliant at math & working in 3 dimensions, but are either ignorant of world affairs or a supporter of the Iraq War.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    PeriodThree

Re: Accepting Political Censorship in the Corporate World

I guess I am confused. Do you that you have the right to enter any physical or virtual space you wish and talk about whatever you would like? Do the people who put their time and money into creating community have no rights to set their own rules?

You broke their rules and then complain about 'censorship?' And then you label them as war supporters?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hot Compost: View Post
    This morning I answered someone's question on a computer graphics website. They were asking about Dell monitors.

I pointed out that Michael Dell was a primary fund-raiser for Bush in the Y2K election, and posed the question, "why buy Dell ? Dell supports Bush." I also offered some alternatives, for example a 24" Samsung monitor with a matte finish.

My post was deleted, and I received a warning -

"no political talk you can re-post your comment in this thread if you want...

https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=23&t=710012

...but leave out the political talk. there is no political talk on CGTalk."

So now the thread is CG people rhapsodizing about the wonders of Dell monitors, with my brief comment excised.

I don't like being censored, but in the short-term, I have to make peace with it.

It is odd to be around other people who are brilliant at math & working in 3 dimensions, but are either ignorant of world affairs or a supporter of the Iraq War.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email