Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    photolite

Medical Marijuana Dispensary

I heard today that a new medical marijuana dispensary is actively seeking a location somewhere in Sebastopol. Although I'm told the operators have other like businesses in this county and are known for their high standards of professionalism, I don't know enough about these operation to have a real opinion but are curious as to what others think.
    Photo
    Last edited by photolite; 12-11-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Barry asked me to
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Photoguy

Re: Medical Marijuana Dispensary

While I support the use of medical marijuana, actually I support the full legalization and taxation of it, another dispensary in this area is a bit redundant. At this time patients have easy access to high quality, locally produced, reasonably priced cannabis anywhere in the greater Santa Rosa-Sebastopol region. Operating 1 dispensary in a non-profit compassionate way might not get the unwanted attention of the DEA, but I suspect 2 looks a bit more like a franchise and purely profit driven operation in such a well serviced market. The over proliferation of these dispensaries could prove to be destructive to all of them if the feds decide to crack down due to the flaunting violations of federal law. Once the new administration is in place and Cannabis is placed on schedule 2 all this changes.

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

I agree wholeheartedly. SF is a great example of this. The Office of National Drug Control Policy swears SF has more dispensaries than Starbucks.

In Sebastopol there are two Starbucks one stand alone and one in Safeway. If Starbucks is the thermometer the feds are using (based on https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs...entry_id=32650) then one dispensary is enough.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Photoguy: View Post
    While I support the use of medical marijuana, actually I support the full legalization and taxation of it, another dispensary in this area is a bit redundant. At this time patients have easy access to high quality, locally produced, reasonably priced cannabis anywhere in the greater Santa Rosa-Sebastopol region. Operating 1 dispensary in a non-profit compassionate way might not get the unwanted attention of the DEA, but I suspect 2 looks a bit more like a franchise and purely profit driven operation in such a well serviced market. The over proliferation of these dispensaries could prove to be destructive to all of them if the feds decide to crack down due to the flaunting violations of federal law. Once the new administration is in place and Cannabis is placed on schedule 2 all this changes.

4. TopTop #4
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    ... In Sebastopol there are two Starbucks one stand alone and one in Safeway. If Starbucks is the thermometer the feds are using ... then one dispensary is enough.
    I, on the other hand, vote for more dispensaries and fewer Starbucks.

-Jeff

PS. As conditions permit.

5. TopTop #5
    shellebelle

LOL Well I think if we counted all the coffee/tea places in Sebastopol we may have more coffee and tea than churches! YAY!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    I, on the other hand, vote for more dispensaries and fewer Starbucks.

-Jeff

PS. As conditions permit.

6. TopTop #6
    metimeesthetics

Personally I think the area has enough. That said, Peace and Medicine is located on Highway 12 in the Gravenstein Station. Prior to the tenancy, the other tenants, esp the INN, were very apprehensive about having the dispensary move into the premises. After meeting, and agreeing to some terms, P&M moved in. Now the other tenants are happy that they moved in because the private security the co. hired has cleaned up some pre-existing issues. Plus they maintain a very low profile and aren't hesitant to address inappropriate behavior of the anyone coming into the center. They have been great neighbors.