Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Pit Bull Attack
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    horselady472

Pit Bull Attack

Last Saturday while my husband was walking our 2 dogs in the vineyard behind our house (owned & operated by the Duttons), they were attacked by 2 fully grown and well-nourished pit bulls. The smaller of the 2 attacked him and our Walker hound defended him. The result of the whole attack & fight was that our hound was badly mauled but is alive and healing, my husband was badly bitten but is alive and healing and both pit bull were picked up by Animal Control.

No one has been located who might have owned & trained the pits. We are out of pocket several thousand dollars (my husband has not been able to find work here--he's an emigree) and the Duttons are angry at us for "disturbing their tenant!"

Pit bull owners should be ashamed!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mita Moni

Re: Pit Bull Attack

I'm very sorry that this happened to your husband and your dogs, but I am glad that animal control picked up the dogs. I was attacked by a pit bull a few years ago and nothing was done about the dog since he wasn't rabid. I hope that they are finally hearing that we are tired of irresponsible dog owners with vicious dogs. Barrie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by horselady472:
    Last Saturday while my husband was walking our 2 dogs in the vineyard behind our house (owned & operated by the Duttons), they were attacked by 2 fully grown and well-nourished pit bulls. The smaller of the 2 attacked him and our Walker hound defended him. The result of the whole attack & fight was that our hound was badly mauled but is alive and healing, my husband was badly bitten but is alive and healing and both pit bull were picked up by Animal Control.

No one has been located who might have owned & trained the pits. We are out of pocket several thousand dollars (my husband has not been able to find work here--he's an emigree) and the Duttons are angry at us for "disturbing their tenant!"

Pit bull owners should be ashamed!

3. TopTop #3
    Krunk

We need a license to drive a car, why do we still not need a license to own a dog? It should be a requirement to take a training course to own ANY animal. The GOV could probably make a pretty penny off of it also. With the amount of ill treatment, abuse and irresponsibility going around these days I cannot see why we couldn't get it on the ballot. That way you could own any dog you want as long as you could pass the test and then everyone could stop bitching. Tell your husband to carry some MACE or PEPPER SPRAY and if that's not available WASP or HORNET spray will work wonders also to repel any assailant. There are so many crazy people out there now that I would not advise walking down a street in broad daylight without some form of protection let alone in a rural orchard. Can you please post pictures of the bites? I had a friends pit bull(100 pounds) pick up my chihuahua( 5 pounds) once and shake it a few times......that only cost $650.00, sounds like you got ripped off by your vet. Emergency bill cost way less when you have health insurance also.~ Krunk

4. TopTop #4
    Phred

Dear Krunk, I believe what you are saying should apply to everyone who decides to have children too. Just remember, more government means a safer and happy population.......

5. TopTop #5
    sambacat
    Supporting member

WTF are you trying to say???

6. TopTop #6
    nicofrog

One is not allowed to have a

Lion. Tiger,Hyena, etc etc I think once an animal has demonstrated that it commonly bites human faces
    is should be controlled by law, sure, they have a cute clown face smile so what. It happens to be a "dog"
    I doubt I could even have a raccoon for a pet.

7. TopTop #7
    2Bwacco

when I first noticed this thread i realized the original post was dated in 2006.

It is important for word to be spread when there is an imminent danger. Everyone should be careful with their dogs when in public -- using sturdy leashes, good judgment, and even muzzles -- you never know what could happen! Better to be safe than sorry.

While, personally, i give all large dogs a wide berth, i cannot bring myself to pet an apparently well-behaved pit-type, even if on a leash. I suppose i'm deferring to giving the dog its space.

My attitude toward pits has softened a little since seeing Cesar Millan "Dog Whisperer" working with his two pits, "Daddy" and "Junior."

Even an expert dog behaviorist such as Cesar still has to be hyper-vigilent and monitor every micro-expression of his dogs, especially when meeting new dogs at the Dog Psychology Center.

I was marveling at how many dogs are advertised in the newspaper; they all need homes!

8. TopTop #8
    Hotspring 44

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #9
    edie

Quote One is not allowed to have a Lion. Tiger,Hyena, etc etc I think once an animal has demonstrated that it commonly bites human faces is should be controlled by law, sure, they have a cute clown face smile so what. It happens to be a "dog"
    I doubt I could even have a raccoon for a pet.
    There are people who do have lions, tigers and other creatures and shouldn't have them. Many a times they end up on a rescue- ranch if they are lucky. I think in the US you can own most any kind of animal- and people do have raccoons as pets and feed also the neighborhood family raccoons. By law (and common sense), any Animal has to be (should be) under control and taken care off by the owner at all times! So are children... specially small children should be watched and taken care of when any kind of animals are in the house with them.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.