Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mr. Natural

Is A Boycott A Good Idea?

Zennekar did a great job investigating and posting the corporate doners for the Carillo campaign.

After receiving the Carillo Political flyers and brochures (with all the Green Washed contents) of this man who in my opinion isn't even qualified to be on any of the City Councils in this county let alone on the County Board of Supervisors!

This entire depressing, tragic, nasty, sleazy, right wing styled, all too typical political campaign that Carillo & his handlers ran influences me to throw up!

Has it occured to any of you that perhaps we should consider BOYCOTTING TRADITIONAL MEDICINAL TEAS as well as TAYLOR MADE COFFEE & TEAS? [/SIZE]

Why the hell did Drake Sadler (sp?) consent to have his photo on Carillo's mail outs? Why did he endorse a candidate who is innexperienced & backed by Fat Cat Developers?

Be well or at least good luck with your attempt to cope with it all,

H.R.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    photolite

Re: Is A Boycott A Good Idea?

No, a boycott is an extremely foolish idea and the businesses you cite boycotting are upstanding, socially conscious enterprises. Furch's 7 year delinquent tax bill was ultimately paid by a developer supporter of hers. Her supporters mailers were easily as, or more sleazy than Carrillo's. We don't even know who won yet but whoever it is did so fair and square and we should all try to work with her/him for our collective edification.
    Photo

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mr. Natural: View Post

Zennekar did a great job investigating and posting the corporate doners for the Carillo campaign.

After receiving the Carillo Political flyers and brochures (with all the Green Washed contents) of this man who in my opinion isn't even qualified to be on any of the City Councils in this county let alone on the County Board of Supervisors!

This entire depressing, tragic, nasty, sleazy, right wing styled, all too typical political campaign that Carillo & his handlers ran influences me to throw up!

Has it occured to any of you that perhaps we should consider BOYCOTTING TRADITIONAL MEDICINAL TEAS as well as TAYLOR MADE COFFEE & TEAS? [/size]

Why the hell did Drake Sadler (sp?) consent to have his photo on Carillo's mail outs? Why did he endorse a candidate who is innexperienced & backed by Fat Cat Developers?

H.R.

3. TopTop #3
    Portia
    Supporting Member

Why propagate an untruth? Rue did not know Hunter was part of the deal until after the papers were signed.

I am praying she comes out way ahead. I value her many years of experience and her knowledge of the 5th District. It will be a long time before Efren can match her expertise.

Portia

4. TopTop #4
    photolite

Where's the untruth?
    Regarding experience, one could make the same argument then that McCain is certainly more experienced than Obama.
    Most importantly, why propose shunning two valuable members of our business community because they don't share your particular political opinion. To my knowledge, neither Carrillo or the businesses mentioned have done anything so heinous as to warrant trying to harm them.
    Photo

5. TopTop #5
    nicofrog

Ahh fight fight fight
    aint politics great?
    some where beyond the thicket of right and wrong, theres a medow, I'll meetcha there!
    the election is OVER we are a great county
    lets WORK TOGETHER TO GET EVEN BETTER?
    Effrain probably won because he had a nice Mexican Name.... and a lot of signs........and maybe that's ok
    Nico

Has it occured to any of you that perhaps we should consider BOYCOTTING TRADITIONAL MEDICINAL TEAS as well as TAYLOR MADE COFFEE & TEAS? [/size]

H.R.

6. TopTop #6
    pjpete

That's so screwed up. I agree, look what they want to do in Sebastopol, across from the town square. Condos and business park. Give it up Basso....!

Has it occured to any of you that perhaps we should consider BOYCOTTING TRADITIONAL MEDICINAL TEAS as well as TAYLOR MADE COFFEE & TEAS? [/SIZE]

H.R.

7. TopTop #7
    danejasper

This reminds me of Jenkel (the guy with the signs on 116) picketing and encouraging folks to boycott Harmony Farm supply. By every reasonable measure, they are a good business and a wonderful contribution to the West County. They encourage organic farming and use of solar power, etc. They're no Home Depot!

While we might not all agree on the case by case and choice by choice details, I think it's a total mis-fire to aim at a business like that one. It doesn't foster any sort of sense of community. If you attempt to ostracize everyone who has any disagreement with you on any single point, you'll end up very lonely.

-Dane

8. TopTop #8
    StormDancer

It's real easy to see the faults in any business. What we need to look at is the overall effect and perhaps remember the rabbi's admonition about throwing stones.
    -ALW

9. TopTop #9
    Richard Nichols

I'd like to know the rational behind the endorsement by these owners. They joined some of the most regressive people and organizations in the county by endorsing Carrillo. Perhaps they talked to Carrillo and found him to be credible in spite of his questionable associations. I frankly don't understand why a seemingly progressive community would vote the way they did. With all that said, I doubt if a boycott is worth the energy, and we need to keep business in Sebastopol healthy. I can forgive everyone who displayed a lack of common sense, just as a was able to forgive Rue for her tax problem, and see the good and experienced person she is.

PS Please don't compare the talk of boycott with Jenkel. That not NICE!

10. TopTop #10
    danejasper

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Richard Nichols: View Post
    PS Please don't compare the talk of boycott with Jenkel. That not NICE!
    Sorry Richard.

I guess my point was that I didn't see either candidate as perfect, and a really outspoken reaction (boycott, etc) seems a little over the top. Carillo is questionable, but so was Furch in some ways. Time will tell if he serves well or not, I suppose.

-Dane