Dear Sebastopol Community --

The following two messages, one from Jane Nielson (in red) and another from Sebastopol City Council member Sarah Gurney (below in blue) are for Sebastopol voters.

If you are not a Sebastopol voter, please forward this message to your "in town" friends and acquaintances.

From Sarah Gurney:
Hi there,

I am urging Sebastopol residents to vote for Guy Wilson for City
Council. If you are a member of our wider community and don't live within the City limits, please send this to your friends who do.

I believe that Guy will bring to the council the skills and judgment
necessary to make sound decisions for our future. A community
leader for most of his 20 years in town, he has the temperament for
public office. He will listen, do his homework, and help bring us
together for the betterment of our town.

Guy has some good ideas to improve our ways: he's suggested "open house" meetings twice a month, a "round table" on every
fifth Tuesday, a "real time" response to public comment, and a better connection via an on-line community. I would be pleased to have a colleague so accessible and approachable.

Sebastopol needs Guy Wilson. Vote for Guy!

Sincerely,

Sarah Gurney
Sebastopol City Council Member

From Jane Nielson:

Both Sarah and I are supporting Guy Wilson for City Council. Guy is a longtime Sebastopol resident, who has raised three children here, and long has participated in the City's public life. He knows all the challenges facing Sebastopol and is dedicated to preserving its anti-sprawl General Plan to preserve its small-town nature. He is not in favor of the current Northeast Area Plan, or the kind of planning process that it represents, and wants to start afresh as a whole community.

He is concerned about flooding and water supply issues, and favors Sebastopol taking a proactive position on regional groundwater management due to its singular position in the local groundwater regime. He opposes plans for the addition of a proposed 300 new housing units without an adequate Water Supply Assessment for the City, and believes that Sebastopol has a moral responsibility to the whole community that uses Sebastopol as a service center.

Guy is a very personable gentleman, and open to input from the whole community. I agree with Sarah that he has the skills that seem best suited to benefit Sebastopol and the wider community in these challenging times.

Jane