Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Zeno Swijtink

5th District Supervisor Elections: Follow the Money Trail!

Follow the money trail!

"[Efren Carillo's] support comes primarily from the coalition of large home developers, gravel miners, and corporate agriculture that has, for decades, demonstrated their willingness to put their own economic gain above of the good of the county as a whole. The idea that an inexperienced 27 year old could accept more than $100,000 in support of these interests and then not be beholden to them after he is in office is just too much of a stretch to accept. Electing Efren would be like asking the fox to guard the henhouse."

Former 5th District Candidate Jim Maresca Endorses Rue Furch

Jim Maresca, former candidate for the 5th District Supervisor position, has officially endorsed Rue Furch. His statement follow:

After a great deal of thought I have decided to support Rue Furch for Fifth District Supervisor. We are all familiar with Rue’s environmental credentials. In addition, I have had in-depth discussions with Rue about the county’s financial situation and am now convinced that she both understands it and is prepared to take the necessary actions to fix the problems.

But that is only part of the reason for my decision.

It is not only important that Rue wins, it is important that the people behind Efren Carrillo be taught that they cannot sell us a Trojan horse. Efren is an intelligent, charming, and articulate young man. But his support comes primarily from the coalition of large home developers, gravel miners, and corporate agriculture that has, for decades, demonstrated their willingness to put their own economic gain above of the good of the county as a whole. The idea that an inexperienced 27 year old could accept more than $100,000 in support of these interests and then not be beholden to them after he is in office is just too much of a stretch to accept. Electing Efren would be like asking the fox to guard the henhouse.

Some of my supporters, disappointed in the outcome of the primary, have told me they would either write my name in or refrain from voting in the supervisor election. I ask them, please not to do either. The stakes are too high to allow for symbolic gestures.

Vote for Rue Furch for 5th District Supervisor.
    https://www.ruefurchforsupervisor.com/

Jim Maresca
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dynamique

Re: 5th District Supervisor Elections: Follow the Money Trail!

Good article and advice

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    Follow the money trail!

Former 5th District Candidate Jim Maresca Endorses Rue Furch

Jim Maresca, former candidate for the 5th District Supervisor position, has officially endorsed Rue Furch.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email