Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    laughingdragon

Santa Cruz > Sebastopol?

Hi,
    I'm in Santa Cruz and the rental situation here is so insane that i've about had it. I need to put down some roots and after 5 years it just doesn't feel like that can happen here. As much as I love S.C. county, i feel that it may be time to move on.
    I've heard really good things about Sebastopol and so i'm going to drive up there this week and explore.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good place to stay for a night or two (i'm with my dog).
    Any other guidance, thoughts, etc. about the area and how to get the best sense of the community(s) in a relatively short amount of time will be much appreciated.
    Also, what is the best way to get a good sense of the rental situation while i'm there? Paper? Bulletinboards? Realtors?
    And finally, my pup wants to know if there are there happy dogs in Sebastopol? Is it a dog loving community?
    Thanks,
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dixon

Re: Santa Cruz > Sebastopol?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by laughingdragon: View Post
    I'm in Santa Cruz and the rental situation here is so insane that i've about had it.
    If your concern is with rental prices, I can't imagine that Sebastopol is any better than Santa Cruz. In fact, I'd be surprised if Sebastopol rentals weren't even more expensive than Santa Cruz.

Dixon

3. TopTop #3
    rare_gem57

LD - I agree with Dixon. I just moved here from Santa Cruz myself & have been searching for a place to live while I stay with family. Everything I've looked at in my price range is very tiny & overpriced (IMHO), not to mention "rustic" or just plain disgusting. Yes, this is a great place to be... if you can afford to live here. I'm thankful my family will let me stay awhile untilI can find something. Best wishes on your search. M

Hi,
    I'm in Santa Cruz and the rental situation here is so insane that i've about had it. I need to put down some roots and after 5 years it just doesn't feel like that can happen here. As much as I love S.C. county, i feel that it may be time to move on.
    I've heard really good things about Sebastopol and so i'm going to drive up there this week and explore.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good place to stay for a night or two (i'm with my dog).
    Any other guidance, thoughts, etc. about the area and how to get the best sense of the community(s) in a relatively short amount of time will be much appreciated.
    Also, what is the best way to get a good sense of the rental situation while i'm there? Paper? Bulletinboards? Realtors?
    And finally, my pup wants to know if there are there happy dogs in Sebastopol? Is it a dog loving community?
    Thanks,

4. TopTop #4
    Malene

Sebastopol itself is insanely expensive. Lots of other nice places in this area though.

Check the whole area out. Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Guerneville etc. Lots of wonderful little nooks and cranies around here. Its still an expensive area, but generally not as bad as SC county.

Malene

Hi,
    Thanks,