Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    joyma

Question about "west county"

Someone told me that the area west of Sebastopol before Occidental is referred to as "West County". So, I'm trying to figure out where the boundaries are. When I google "West County" it comes up as inclusive of Sebastopol, Graton, Forestville etc..

Does anyone know exactly what "West County" refers to?

And what would you say to refer to ALL of the towns near eachother including Petaluma, Cotati, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Graton, Froestville, Occidental...

Thank for any insight.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Question about "west county"

Dear Joyma,

In my own lexicon I consider everything West of Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park/Cotati to be the West County. And the term refers to everything there/here up to and including the shore, so Bodega, Bodega Bay and Jenner are included.

Then there're the "Russian River Communities". What part does Cazadero belong to? Tomales? I have no clue.

As far as I know there is no inclusive term for the Petaluma/Santa Rosa megalopolis. North Bay? But that includes Marin County.

The 101 strip? The northern suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area?

Whatever!

"Mad" Miles

3. TopTop #3
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mad Miles: View Post
    ... The 101 strip? The northern suburbs of the San Francisco Bay Area? ...
    And then there's Healdsburg. Seems we're just outside the boundaries of everything, unless you consider that we're the heart of Sonoma wine country.

I agree the definition of "West County" might be impossible to nail down. Kind of shifts around depending on the conversation ...

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    photolite

My understanding has always been that everything west of 101 from the Sonoma/Marin County line up to Jenner is West County.
    I've also heard the 101 corridor from Petaluma to Santa Rosa referred to as Telecom Valley.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by joyma: View Post
    Someone told me that the area west of Sebastopol before Occidental is referred to as "West County". So, I'm trying to figure out where the boundaries are. When I google "West County" it comes up as inclusive of Sebastopol, Graton, Forestville etc..

Does anyone know exactly what "West County" refers to?

And what would you say to refer to ALL of the towns near eachother including Petaluma, Cotati, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Graton, Froestville, Occidental...

Thank for any insight.