Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Malene

Coexist - a large black oldsmobile

Hello Waccoites,

Today I parked downtown Sebastopol while I was giving a massage. When I got back to the parking lot someone in a large black oldmobile had parked next to my car on the drivers side, and there was literally less than 2 inches of space between the two cars.

Literally I put my hand between the two cars there was not room for the full width of the hand. So - needless to say I could not get into my car to drive home. There was plenty of room on the other side, and the guy who had parked that way was indeed double parked.

I am unfortunately too large to crawl in through the passenger side and get into the car that way - in this case that still wouldnt have worked without the help from the police.

I had to call the police to get home. There was also a really nice slender lady who helped - she did crawl in through the passenger side, however she was unable to get the car out without the help of the police. Had she not had professional instructions on how to back the car out our cars would have been badly scratched up - so the police was needed regardless.

The double parked guy got a ticket.

The irony of the whole thing is the large bumper sticker on the back of the oldsmobile saying "coexist". I definitely did not feel that the owner of that car allowed me space to coexist today.

If the owner of the bumper sticker reads this - I was really quite pissed at you. I did not really need to wait around for nothing today. As the police said when he saw how you parked - thats just rude and obnoxious! I couldnt have agreed more. Ohh, and another speaking of "coexist", maybe you want to find a car that is a little less of a gass guzzler.

Malene
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Lenny

Re: Coexist - a large black oldsmobile

You are a better person than most, like me, as I could see one going ballistic. Got to wonder about having the car towed! The bumper sticker could have been from a previous owner?

3. TopTop #3
    Malene

Thanks Lenny

I have cooled down since. I am just glad I didnt have to be somewhere - like a second appointment or something like that. I got out of there in about 20 minutes so it wasnt so bad. If I had to be somewhere I would have been absolutely livid.

I assume that if the lady who was willing to crawl in and back out hadnt been there to do that then the police would have had to call for a tow truck. Now he / she just got a ticket.

As far as the bumper sticker there was another there as well with Obama 08. My sense is that the bumper sticker was genuine enough, and this person just wasnt aware of his or her own lack of consideration.

Anyways - its all over. I hope you have a nice Monday.

Malene

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lenny: View Post
    You are a better person than most, like me, as I could see one going ballistic. Got to wonder about having the car towed! The bumper sticker could have been from a previous owner?

4. TopTop #4
    MsTerry

Malene,

I too have found myself in similar situations.
    but sometimes it is not the car next to you that is causing the irregular parking, but the one next to that. It kind of trickles down.
    My solution has been to park farther rather than closer away.
    It serves 2 purposes; it gives me some extra distance to walk and stretch my legs and usually I can find a shady spot.
    Try it, it has reduced my stress.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Malene: View Post
    Hello Waccoites,

Today I parked downtown Sebastopol while I was giving a massage. When I got back to the parking lot someone in a large black oldmobile had parked next to my car on the drivers side, and there was literally less than 2 inches of space between the two cars.

Malene