Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Lost & Found
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    photolite

Lost & Found

I don't see a lost & found here but I found a wallet w/ $$$ and cc etc. The person's # is unlisted and they're from out of town. Anybody know of someone who lost this please reply here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Lost & Found

Dear Photolite,

You do not indicate the general area or circumstances in which you found the wallet.

Since it is from somebody from "out of town" and not everybody in the world is hip to waccobb.net, may I suggest you turn it into the local authorities?

They generally do maintain lost & founds, and are the most likely place a person looking for their misplaced wallet might ask.

They also may have the resources to contact credit card companies or overcome privacy limits on unlisted numbers.

That's assuming they make such efforts, which in my limited (thankfully) experience with them, is unlikely.

You could call the numbers on the backs of the credit cards yourself though...

Thanks for being a Good Samaritan,

"Mad" Miles

3. TopTop #3
    photolite

Re: Lost & Found

Miles, I intentionally didn't list specifics so a claimant would be able to provide them. I also did a posting on craigslist as well as some other internet searches and called his bank, all with no luck. So today I took it down to a branch of his bank and had them call him and leave my #. An hour later he called me and 30 min. after that I had it all sent on its way back home. He was very grateful.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mad Miles: View Post
    Dear Photolite,

You do not indicate the general area or circumstances in which you found the wallet.

Since it is from somebody from "out of town" and not everybody in the world is hip to waccobb.net, may I suggest you turn it into the local authorities?

They generally do maintain lost & founds, and are the most likely place a person looking for their misplaced wallet might ask.

They also may have the resources to contact credit card companies or overcome privacy limits on unlisted numbers.

That's assuming they make such efforts, which in my limited (thankfully) experience with them, is unlikely.

You could call the numbers on the backs of the credit cards yourself though...

Thanks for being a Good Samaritan,

"Mad" Miles