Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    gr8fulfred

High Sierra Music Fest Reviews?

Anyone else besides Barry and I go to the High Sierra Music festival? I bet there were some crazy stories... Did anyone else see this freak walking around? My friend and I are pretty convinced that it was Buckethead in another getup of his. That guy is a FREAK. If you did not see him, make an effort to catch him at Earthdance. You will not be disappointed. Keep in mind that this advice is coming from a Deadhead-Hippie-Bluegrass-lovin-freak. Not some random metal-head. :)

Here are a couple pics I snapped of him walking around in the early night time hours. At one point later he was playing the Star Spangled Banner (it was July 4th) on his bass with a light saber that he was using as a bow. OMFG! I wish I would have had the brain cells functioning enough to capture that video....

I did a little research on him when I got home and am pretty sure that is a character named Death Cube K which was created to get around a record contract (Death Cube K is an anagram of Buckethead). He is a REALLY smart guy, who is either incredibly ugly, or just a really shy dude because NO ONE knows what he really looks like. Only that he has MASSIVE hands and completely shreds on guitar/bass/anything he plays. He states on his website in a FAQ that some people think that Death Cube K is a photographic negative of Buckethead. What kind of a concept is that???????

I saw him for the first time this past weekend (at HSMF) and would most likely go pay to see him if he comes around here again. I don't think I will make it to Earthdance, but I am pretty sure he will be walking around in this getup since he is on the bill to play there.... Look for him people, and you will be amazed....

Here are a couple snaps of his "normal" look:

[Pictures were removed because they were too big. Please resize or post as an attachment -Barry]
    Problem solved - bodhi
    Last edited by Barry; 07-11-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: High Sierra Music Fest Reviews?

High Sierra Rocked! "Never had such a good time..."

High Sierra is the ultimate jam rock music festival. There is a wide variety of great live dance music over 4 stages (with next to no electronica!) with a very conscious crowd. Much more music oriented than Earthdance, IMO, which is also a great festival. The production is tight and loving that would make Bill Graham proud.

Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, James Hunter, AZA, Papa Mali, Robben Ford, Spam Allstars and Trombone Shorty were some of the highlights.

Did anybody else in Waccoville go?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email