Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sd gross

Ninety Degrees Of Separation

Dear Folks,

Although injustice, misery and inhumanity continue to decimate our sweet planet, there are those who stridently champion a cause celebre so insignificant, that the mind is left reeling in wonder.
    One can't hardly ever enter an 'either/or' public bathroom anywhere these days without being admonished to be sure the commode seat is returned to the politically-correct (down) position. It's almost as if some diabolical prankster came along and disconnected our synapses leaving us unable to figure out how to restore the toilet seat to its 'position of preference'.
    What, pray tell, is so difficult about putting a commode seat down, if that's one's inclination, or lifting it up? Is it really beyond most people's ken to be able to do so? Does it require Newtonian ingenuity or great strength, or the dexterity and skill of a neurosurgeon?
    Maybe I have it wrong. Perhaps there really are scores of thousands of women who rush headlong into the loo and blindly launch their butts downward without looking to see where the seat currently stands (or lies). If so, I hope for their sake, that someone isn't already parked there. Or is the point really an imagined lack of acknowledgement or respect, or an underlying misogyny?
    If someone can enlighten me as to why this issue is so critical to the psychological well-being of so many people, I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

deranged in duncans mills
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    PeriodThree

Re: Ninety Degrees Of Separation

Normally you should leave the seat up because it is easier for the dogs to drink out of.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sd gross: View Post
    Dear Folks,

Although injustice, misery and inhumanity continue to decimate our sweet planet, there are those who stridently champion a cause celebre so insignificant, that the mind is left reeling in wonder.
    One can't hardly ever enter an 'either/or' public bathroom anywhere these days without being admonished to be sure the commode seat is returned to the politically-correct (down) position. It's almost as if some diabolical prankster came along and disconnected our synapses leaving us unable to figure out how to restore the toilet seat to its 'position of preference'.
    What, pray tell, is so difficult about putting a commode seat down, if that's one's inclination, or lifting it up? Is it really beyond most people's ken to be able to do so? Does it require Newtonian ingenuity or great strength, or the dexterity and skill of a neurosurgeon?
    Maybe I have it wrong. Perhaps there really are scores of thousands of women who rush headlong into the loo and blindly launch their butts downward without looking to see where the seat currently stands (or lies). If so, I hope for their sake, that someone isn't already parked there. Or is the point really an imagined lack of acknowledgement or respect, or an underlying misogyny?
    If someone can enlighten me as to why this issue is so critical to the psychological well-being of so many people, I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

3. TopTop #3
    ChristineL

In my house, not only down but, completely closed so the blind cat doesn't fall in.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by PeriodThree: View Post
    Normally you should leave the seat up because it is easier for the dogs to drink out of.

4. TopTop #4
    Lenny

While men love power, women seek control!

5. TopTop #5
    theindependenteye

>While men love power, women seek control!

Is there a difference?

-Conrad

6. TopTop #6
    Braggi

One can't hardly ever enter an 'either/or' public bathroom anywhere these days without being admonished to be sure the commode seat is returned to the politically-correct (down) position. ..
    If someone can enlighten me as to why this issue is so critical to the psychological well-being of so many people ...
    This is a bit of a sideways answer:

It's a matter of cleanliness. Ever wonder how the floors in poorly maintained gas station rest rooms get so awful around the commode? It's men missing the mark. Pretty soon there's a mess in there. Somebody has to clean it up.

Now, you say, I may be deranged in Duncans Mills, but I know how to hit a target that big and I never miss. Ha! Here's a test for you. Go barefoot through some dusty dirt. Then go in and take a pee standing up. Then go out into the sunlight and look at all the specks of moisture on your dusty feet. And that's every time you go. Sometimes there is the "oops!" and it's a bigger splash. Your mom cleaned up after you, most likely, and maybe now your wife does. I bet you don't scrub the floor around the toilet. Most men have never done it.

Here's the solution to the whole mess: pee sitting down. You get to take a little rest from your demanding day and you'll never pee on the floor. The seat will always be down so it won't be an issue with your significant other. Problem solved.

-Jeff

PS. Best sign seen above the urinal:
    Bad aim? Short dick? Take a step closer.
    The clean up crew thanks you.

7. TopTop #7

Ever since I heard the phrase "fecal aerosol" and understood what it meant, I have been a fervent believer in closing the lid before flushing. See https://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1839 for an explanation of this phenomenon.

Patrick Brinton

Dear Folks,

8. TopTop #8
    Lenny

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    >While men love power, women seek control!

Is there a difference?

-Conrad
    You are a TRUE Independent Eye if you don't know there is a difference between men and women. Admirable, but possibly lonely trait.

9. TopTop #9
    Lenny

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post
    Ever since I heard the phrase "fecal aerosol" and understood what it meant, I have been a fervent believer in closing the lid before flushing. See https://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1839 for an explanation of this phenomenon.Patrick Brinton
    Thanks. I'll stop licking the bathroom floor and walls, just in case.
    Of course, that which does not kill us......ah piffle.

10. TopTop #10
    theindependenteye

>>You are a TRUE Independent Eye if you don't know there is a difference between men and women.

Ok, ok, haha. Yes, in fact I've noticed that difference on a great many occasions.

But I was (c'mon, you knew damn well, ok?) asking about your implied difference between "power" and "control." What in your mind is the difference? Is it that power-seeking seems more direct & forthright, whereas control-seeking seems sneakier? It's no big deal, but I was curious about the difference. Or if it's just intended as a joke about women, well, never mind.

Cheers--
    Conrad

11. TopTop #11
    handy

Quote >
    But I was (c'mon, you knew damn well, ok?) asking about your implied difference between "power" and "control." What in your mind is the difference? Is it that power-seeking seems more direct & forthright, whereas control-seeking seems sneakier? It's no big deal, but I was curious about the difference. Or if it's just intended as a joke about women, well, never mind.

Cheers--
    Conrad
    Control is what occurs when all of the parts of a system are doing what they're supposed to.

Power is the ability to screw it up.