Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    handy

The God Who Eats You, more uncle al

https://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/god2.htm

THE GOD WHO EATS YOU

Christianity, its forebear Judaism, and vastly more aggressive relative Islam; Hinduism and the hodgepodge of other bizarre philosophical compendia of what constitutes reverence for the sanctity of life, a just existence, and expectations post mortem all sing the same song. The Terran billions are levied the usual threats of heinous and incomprehensible retribution if they do not pay up, do as they told, and get in line to collect their presumptive reward in the afterlife. The mundane harvest of all this maunder rarely voyages beyond the precipitation of unending bloody atrocities among fellow and competing religionists, and the goading of flourishing pestilential cadres of well-fed priests to enthusiastically beat the bushes for more business.

Paradigm shifts reweaving the fabric of advanced civilizations are based upon science - a knowledge of the fundamental structure of reality, technology - the reduction to practice of scientific theory, and engineering - the large-scale physical installation of technological possibilities. We are saddled with the annoyance of not being an advanced civilization. Our religions exhort us to look backward and heap tender pity upon our culls and shamans. We seized our future and we threw it to the poor.

Natural variation keeps within its deck a selection of wildly disparate biologies, just in case. A perusal of an atlas of birth defects will uncover most of Bullfinch's Mythology and a few cherished cultural myths in the bargain. Flesh possesses remarkable developmental plasticity. About 5% of the population is configured to possess anomalous mental function utterly resistant to all forms of external persuasion, however persistent or varied. We call this adventure schizophrenia. Biochemical mental illness is the womb and hostel of the gods, a corridor dark with demons and voices, bright with light and ecstasy, decorated with confusion and faith, and possessed of seemingly tangible mysteries unctuously eluding rational comprehension.

Quantum mechanics presents much the same outward face, slyly contradicting the firmest foundations of common sense with the shadowy evanescence of tunneling, probability, diffraction, and indeterminacy. Quantum mechanicians gives us lasers, field effect transistors, and superconductivity. The roving insane and the professional poor infest our inner cities and suckle our resources to exhaustion, offering glimpses into the powers of gods yet unborn. The difference is palpable and our choice is evident. Mysticism has defeated the burden of coherent thought.

President Johnson - it wasn't his money, after all - installed the Great Society which in forty years has showered in excess of four thousand billion dollars upon the poor, the dysfunctional, and the Officially Sad. We worshipped the poor and the insane and abundantly piled offerings upon their altars that they might prosper in their craft and abundantly rejoice in their ever increasing numbers. We succeeded beyond anybody's imagination.

America has a greater population of professional poor than any First World nation, either by numbers or proportion. Money that would have modernized our roads, our factories, our utilities, and the rest of our national infrastructure has been turned into thousands of kilotons of human flesh adept at begging and even demanding alms. Money that would have been health care for workers or pensions to support baby boomers in their dotage has been embezzled by our government and thrown down hungry gullets fueling unproductive lives. Assets that would have elevated us off the skin of our planet to rove the solar system collecting energy and resources to fuel our cultural metamorphosis into a spacefaring species have been irretrievably discarded. A legion of reproductive warriors have risen among us, butchering our dreams and installing their own parasites in our cultural wombs. Humanity's destiny is less stillborn than aborted.

The nurturant altruism of a thousand points of light conceals the greedy worthlessness of a minor percentage of our numbers. The maternal compassion of environmentalism obscures a globe consumed to depletion by a species on the brink of a potentially awesome, or catastrophic, evolutionary transition. The meek would inherit the earth when the strong left to seek their destiny amidst the stars. That trip has been annulled.

A millennium of frenzied religious mysticisms of the most diverse persuasions within the Indian subcontinent could not bring forth the light bulb or the flush toilet. When we cater to the demands of the abundance of our needy to the detriment of the scarcity of our Gifted we are not men, nor will we be survivors.

To own 1801+ pages of Uncle Al (with concordance and wickedly clever operating menu), click ordering information
    To return to Uncle Al Outrage Central, click here
    To view something awesomely strange...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: The God Who Eats You, more uncle al

Quote Posted in reply to the post by handy: View Post
    THE GOD WHO EATS YOU

Christianity, its forebear Judaism, and vastly more aggressive relative Islam; Hinduism and the hodgepodge of other bizarre philosophical compendia of what constitutes reverence for the sanctity of life, a just existence, and expectations post mortem all sing the same song. ... awesomely strange...
    The last two words sum up the article.

Handy, this is the biggest pile of crap you've shared with us. It's so full of errors and ignorance I'm kind of stunned you bothered to post it.

But oh well.

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    handy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    The last two words sum up the article.

Handy, this is the biggest pile of crap you've shared with us. It's so full of errors and ignorance I'm kind of stunned you bothered to post it.

But oh well.

-Jeff
    Oops! Did that slice the progressive steak/stake a little close to the bone?

Alan Schwartz is a retired research chemist with a cynical and humorous take on the world and the comedy of the decline. He puts up 4 or 5 new rants, diatribes and essays per week.

Some are goofy fiction, some are research with footnotes and bibliography, some are just interesting, as yet unconsidered (by me) viewpoints.

I tend mostly to like him.

But oh well.

Oh yeah! P.S.

We're all ignorant. Care to say more about errors?

4. TopTop #4
    Zeno Swijtink

https://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/god2.htm

THE GOD WHO EATS YOU

Christianity, its forebear Judaism, and vastly more aggressive relative Islam; Hinduism and the hodgepodge of other bizarre philosophical compendia of what constitutes reverence for the sanctity of life, a just existence, and expectations post mortem all sing the same song. /snip/
    Whow, this text has a Lexile measure of a whopping 1420. Wonder whether anybody can read it.

Seems to be written by someone who read Nietzsche in high school, and somehow got stuck.

5. TopTop #5
    handy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Zeno Swijtink: View Post
    Whow, this text has a Lexile measure of a whopping 1420. Wonder whether anybody can read it.

Seems to be written by someone who read Nietzsche in high school, and somehow got stuck.

LOL! Yes, he does expect a certain minimal literacy and fluency...
    Definitely not writing for the MSM crowd. But that's okay.

By the way, thanks for the new datum. I'd never heard of the Lexile measure before.

6. TopTop #6
    theindependenteye

This is in the tradition of a number of sorta-Libertarian stuff I've read recently. It starts out painting a grotesque, and fairly accurate image of Life in America Today. Then it ascribes all negative elements to Big Government, Leftists, Feminism, etc. It's nihilist comedy, very popular in the clubs today.

But I never have quite understood (though having talked at length to two dear and very bright friends who are Libertarians) how this logic works. As I read history, it's always a tense balancing act among competing power centers. From the Magna Carta on, this scenario plays out: the King, the nobility, the Church, the city bourgeoisie, the peasantry, the intelligentsia, the financiers within the nation-state, and the vast chess-game between the nations -- this is a constant balance & negotiation between power centers.

As I understand it, the Libertarian view denies all that. The sole power to be reckoned with is Government. Subvert that, and we have Freedom. Integral to that is the divinity of the Market. Any intervention by Government perpetuates Evil -- in the case cited, produces a class of the Professional Poor who revel ecstatically in their status.

Never mind the woman in Philadelphia -- a friend tells me of -- who's working 12 hours a day supporting her kids but has no toilet in her apartment, only a tap in the basement, and has sewage dripping into her kitchen. Clearly, the Market is just itching to help her if only these Government do-gooders would get out of the way.

I don't see it.

Peace & joy--
    Conrad

7. TopTop #7
    Braggi

Oops! Did that slice the progressive steak/stake a little close to the bone? ...
    Don't think you know what I think without asking, Handy. Arrogant it is. (I'm the only one with a license for arrogance. )

It's not as though your definition of progressive compares very closely with mine. I doubt it does.

You should know that I was a Libertarian for 15 years and active with the Orange County chapter for quite a while. I know something about large "L" Libertarians. I left the affiliation when the party started losing its sense of humor and I started seeing more and more ill conceived hit pieces like this one that you posted. Also, once I understood that Libertarians in power would be no better than Republicans, in fact, probably much worse.

Oh yeah! P.S.

We're all ignorant. Care to say more about errors?
    OK, sure. And I agree we're all ignorant. Some of us just try to pretend we're not by impressing others with the tiny bit of additional knowledge we may have over the average.

Quote ...
    Natural variation keeps within its deck a selection of wildly disparate biologies, just in case. A perusal of an atlas of birth defects will uncover most of Bullfinch's Mythology and a few cherished cultural myths in the bargain. Flesh possesses remarkable developmental plasticity. About 5% of the population is configured to possess anomalous mental function utterly resistant to all forms of external persuasion, however persistent or varied. We call this adventure schizophrenia. Biochemical mental illness is the womb and hostel of the gods, a corridor dark with demons and voices, bright with light and ecstasy, decorated with confusion and faith, and possessed of seemingly tangible mysteries unctuously eluding rational comprehension. ...
    OK, I'll throw out a few here. First of all, mythology in general has little to nothing do with immortalizing birth defects. Bullfinch's Mythology is a very poor example of mythological study, akin to Disney telling Grimm's Fairy Tales. If an academic wants to study mythology, Bullfinch's isn't considered a source. It's high school level stuff.

The guy seems utterly ignorant about mental illness which is rationally comprehended by those who study it. The notion that schizophrenics are "... utterly resistant to all forms of external persuasion, however persistent or varied ... " is an extreme expression of his ignorance. He doesn't know any schizophrenics, that's pretty clear.

Perhaps he should study a subject before writing about it.

I don't have the time to reduce the rest of it so I won't, but I do understand some would find it entertaining. Mostly those wouldn't understand the words he used nor would they look them up.

Know what I mean?

-Jeff