Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sandy

Dim Sum in Santa Rosa is here at last!

Hang Ah is open!! It is in the old A&W by Steele Lane. We have been waiting patiently for months and it finally opened yesterday. San Francisco dim sum without the drive and parking? If you are a dim sum person, support them. Although I think my brother will definitely be at the head of the line.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Joan Price

Re: Dim Sum in Santa Rosa is here at last!

Do they have any vegan dim sum, does anyone know?

-- Joan

3. TopTop #3
    JillWLowry

Re: Dim Sum in Santa Rosa is here at last!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Joan Price: View Post
    Do they have any vegan dim sum, does anyone know?

-- Joan
    No, and if you are a vegetarian it is even a little challenging. As a pescatarian it is a little easier, but there are only so many shrimp dishes you can eat. What I can say is that the food seems very well prepared and fresh. The vegetables are very nicely done, but you do have to constantly double check about meat products in places you wouldn't expect. The vege fried rice is good, as is the various vege dishes, unfortunately though there is not a very large selection. I have been twice, the first time there were not many people but they were very slow and made a couple of mistakes. I'm not sure our waiter had ever done this job before, but they are new and were very appologetic. The second time they were PACKED and you can imagine the wait time then. The funny thing though is it didn't seem to be consisitent; I'm not even sure if the wait staff had the tables divided up right. There were two tables that looked annoyed, as if they had been waiting for some time for someone to take their order, when we first got there. It took about 20-minutes for us to get seated, another 10 for service, but then we got our food pretty quickly. The two tables just got their order taken when our food was coming out.

Long and short, worth trying as long as you go with a patient heart and plan on enjoying the humorous challenges of different languages trying to communicate to each other. They are very nice folks and are obviously trying hard to please; just a little chaotic. Time will work out the kinks I'm sure.

Oh, one last thing, if you order ice tea, you are apt to get either black or jasmine.