Because of a technical glitch a while back many users were not automatically subscribed to the General Community category when they registered for this service, as is now the standard.

To correct this, I subscribed all registered users to the General Community category who were subscribed to any of the other categories for the same subscription type (individual emails or daily digest) as they were subscribed to the other categories.

If you would like unsubscribe to it (sorry!) you can go to your User Control Panel where you will see a list of the categories you are subscribed to with an option to unsubscribe.

If you would like to change your subscription type, click here and choose the subscription type you want (don't worry about the duplicate options for daily digest and weekly digest - they are both the same).

I am trying to hire someone to program a new subscription manager tool that will let you see and set your subscription level for all categories on one page (any PHP/mySQL programmers out there?). In the meantime I am going to allow conversation to continue in whatever category it erupts in. If its a particularly active thread (such as the current regarding selling a fur coat) I will post instructions on the thread telling you how to turn off email updates for just that thread.

Barry