Did you know that the Bush Admisitration is finalizing rules on the cracking down of employers of illegal aliens? I did NOT.
Do you BELIEVE Bush is intending to crack down on employers of illegal aliens? I DON’T. This puke has had 7 years and 3 months to do it. Is he going to suddenly start enforcing the law in his last 9 months? The San Francisco Chronicle wants you to believe he will. But I sure don’t.
Do you think that the ACLU is a “civil rights” or “immigrant rights” group? I don’t think they are. But the San Francisco Chronicle wants you to THINK they are. WHAT ARE “immigrant rights”? Is that part of the Constitution, like the “Bill of Rights”, or is it phony, made-up CRAP?
Did you know that the Department of Homeland Security HAD given you a 30-day window to make comments about their new rules concerning Social Security numbers that don’t match? I did NOT. Well, it’s too late now, because yesterday was your last chance to say something. Not that Bush Inc. would have listened to you anyway.
But just in case Bush is craking down, then here are some things for you to consider.
The story below says that it will cost a billion dollars a year to enforce the “no match” rules and that that is a “massive tax”. That “massive tax” works out to less than $3.33 for every American. Don’t Federal tax dollars for illegal alien hospital bills cost a LOT, LOT more? Don’t illegal aliens send more American Dollars than that to their home countries?
The article below says that up to 65,000 legal workers could be made unemployed by enforcment of the “no match” rule. If that’s true and half of our 300 Million citizens work, then the odds are 1 to 2,307 that you will lose your job temporarily until you get your social security number straightened out. Or, 1,300 people per U.S. State or 22 people per California County. If the government figure of 12 Million illegal aliens in America is right, then 184 illegal aliens would permanently lose their jobs for every American and legal immigrant who couldn’t prove in 90 days that they had a legitimate social security number.
When my wife immigrated to the United States, I took her to a Social Security office in her first week here to apply for her Social Security card. It came in the mail about ten days later. It did NOT take 90 days. And she was one of about a MILLION legal immigrants that year, NOT 65,000.
If Judge Breyer does NOT lift his injuction of enforcement of the “no match” rule, then I think the 9th Circuit Court will not lift it either. The 9th Circuit Court is a pawn of the ACLU.
I expect that Bush’s “crackdown” will still be in the courts when he leaves office, JUST AS HE WANTED ALL ALONG. I think Bush is working on his LEGACY, NOT PROTECTING AMERICA.
Life seems to be about layers of crap we must dig through to survive, with George W. Bush being the deepest layer and the San Francisco Chronicle not far behind.

Jeff

www.sfgate.com

As Bush administration officials prepared Friday to finalize rules cracking down on employers of illegal immigrants, business and civil rights advocates continued to hammer the plan, calling it an expensive and ill-conceived attack on legitimate workers and their employers.
The Department of Homeland Security closed a 30-day window Friday for public comments on a new version of its “no match” rule. Agency officials hope the new language will persuade a San Francisco federal judge to lift an injunction imposed in October and allow the regulations to go into effect.
The no match rule would give employers 90 days to resolve discrepancies in their workers’ Social Security numbers, plus an additional three days for an employee to submit a new, valid Social Security number, before firing employees who can’t comply.
Hiring undocumented workers has been illegal for two decades, but until now, employers were not held liable for fraudulent documents. Under the no match rule, employers who fail to comply could face fines or criminal penalties.
“This is an important tool for employers to be sure they’re acting in good faith and an important tool of immigration enforcement,” said Veronica Nur Valdes, a spokeswoman for Homeland Security.
But the American Civil Liberties Union and other immigrant advocacy groups pointed Friday to an analysis released by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce suggesting that if the no match requirements take effect, they would cost American businesses more than $1 billion a year and could force up to 65,000 legally authorized workers out of their jobs.
“It’s the equivalent of a massive tax on small business and an attack on U.S. workers in an especially perilous time for the economy,” said Lucas Guttentag, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project.
Critics of the no match rule say they fear legal workers could get caught in a maze of bureaucracy trying to correct Social Security errors and end up being fired by employers before they can prove they are authorized to work. But advocates of stricter immigration enforcement aren’t buying those arguments.
“This is not an unmanageable burden. … It would be an extraordinarily useful tool in deterring illegal immigration,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies. If undocumented immigrants can’t hold onto jobs, they are more likely to leave the United States, he said. Critics of the no match rule disagreed. The Chamber of Commerce analysis, conducted by public policy analyst Richard B. Belzer, predicted that more unauthorized workers would enter the underground economy. He also predicted the rule would increase identity theft as illegal immigrants became more desperate for legitimate Social Security numbers.
Once the Department of Homeland Security finalizes its revised regulations, the agency plans to ask U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer to lift the injunction on the rule, said Nur Valdes. If that doesn’t happen, the agency will go forward with an appeal pending before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.