Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nanopiano

Adult Softball Leagues ???

Does anyone have any information on adult softball leagues playing or forming in the local area ? thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    meherc
    Supporting member

Re: Adult Softball Leagues ???

I'm looking too. Can you post publicly what you find out?
    I put my name on a waiting list for the teams through SR Rec & Park but no response so far. They don't seem to take stray outsiders.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nanopiano: View Post
    Does anyone have any information on adult softball leagues playing or forming in the local area ? thanks.

Marilyn

3. TopTop #3
    Lorrie

Why don't we form a WaccoBB Softball TEAM!!!
    I can pitch...lol, no, really I can... Co ed...underhand.
    I can picture the T-Shirts with the Wacco Logo on em already. Wouldn't that be soooooo coool!

How to make that happen.....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    I'm looking too. Can you post publicly what you find out?
    I put my name on a waiting list for the teams through SR Rec & Park but no response so far. They don't seem to take stray outsiders.

Marilyn

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lorrie: View Post
    Why don't we form a WaccoBB Softball TEAM!!!
    I can pitch...lol, no, really I can... Co ed...underhand.
    I can picture the T-Shirts with the Wacco Logo on em already. Wouldn't that be soooooo coool!

How to make that happen.....
    Great idea, Lorrie! I'll play!

All we do is to find a league. Ideally we can find a "community" one, where not everybody is a ringer. And co-ed, of course! Seems like calling the city and county parks departments would be good place to start to research.

Does anybody know of such a league? I suppose we could just play (with) ourselves, if we don't find a league. It could be combined with our summer picnic!

5. TopTop #5
    79paul

Count me in too!
    I tried about 7 years ago to get on a team through SR Parks & rec,
    I got on a waiting list and even contacted a few of the teams, but they weren't interested when they found out I was 45.
    In my 30s in SF I played for 10 years on a mens league, fairly competetive, but mostly just a lot of fun.
    I can play any position but pitcher. Now that I'm 52, I'm in better shape than ever, running the Boston marathon on April 21. Watch the PD sports section next week, I think they're doing an article on the 25 of us (mostly) oldsters from Sonoma County who are all running it this year. Great fun.
    Even if we can't find a league, it might be fun to try to meet up to throw the ball around on Sunday morning or some weeknight at Ragle, see who shows up.

6. TopTop #6
    podfish

There is (or was) a group that played regularly at the field below Spring Lake; apparently there was a good core but they also welcomed other players. Does anyone else know more about that group than I do? Maybe a similar team formed from the West County could be the start of a casual league!

7. TopTop #7
    thewholetruth

I don't know if y'all go to church or not, but there is a church league that plays every year with about 12 churches who particpate. Santa Rosa Bible Church hosts it and any church is welcome to participate. I think it's about $350 for the season, which pays for the Umpires and balls.

Don

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Great idea, Lorrie! I'll play!

All we do is to find a league. Ideally we can find a "community" one, where not everybody is a ringer. And co-ed, of course! Seems like calling the city and county parks departments would be good place to start to research.

Does anybody know of such a league? I suppose we could just play (with) ourselves, if we don't find a league. It could be combined with our summer picnic!

8. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by donc1955: View Post
    I don't know if y'all go to church or not, but there is a church league that plays every year with about 12 churches who participate...
    uh, thanks, Don! Any other ideas?

9. TopTop #9
    Fillie

The Team of the Sacred Waccos Temple

10. TopTop #10
    nanopiano

How about anyone wishing to start a league or just wanting to play ( just ) show up at a particular field and choose sides.What about Ragle Park? Do you need a permit?

I will gladly give out my email address for those interested so to form a list.I don't know if that's exceptable on WACCOBB so Barry could you clear that up?

" Bat'r up!"

11. TopTop #11
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

How about anyone wishing to start a league or just wanting to play ( just ) show up at a particular field and choose sides.What about Ragle Park? Do you need a permit?

I will gladly give out my email address for those interested so to form a list.I don't know if that's exceptable on WACCOBB so Barry could you clear that up?

" Bat'r up!"
    Sounds good to me. We'll need to find a field (gotta reserve through parks and rec, I think). We'll also need bases and bats, etc. We'll also need a bunch (18?) players to show up at the same time.

I'll call the Sebastopol Community center and Ragle tomorrow to find out their story.

You are most welcome to post your email address. However if you want to keep it private, you can be reach via a Reply Privately from any of your messages or from your user profile.

On Deck,
    Barry

12. TopTop #12
    thewholetruth

Uh, Barry? You asked if there were any leagues out there. I knew one, so I posted it. Come on now. Your bias is showing.

Don

Last edited by thewholetruth; 04-14-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: corrected "Lorrie" to "You"...

13. TopTop #13
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by donc1955: View Post
    Uh, Barry? You asked if there were any leagues out there. I knew one, so I posted it. Come on now. Your bias is showing.
    Yup.

14. TopTop #14
    Moon

Yeah, great name! Anyone in Petaluma interested in doing something physically active?

15. TopTop #15
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post

Yeah, great name! ...
    How about The Church of the Sacred ButtWaxers? If the church league could accept that I just might go along with that!

On the other hand, now that I think about it, I can't commit to an ongoing schedule of games. How about you guys? So maybe a one time game (or occasional) is the better way to go.

16. TopTop #16
    meherc
    Supporting member

I can commit but am used to being with people who can't so either way is okay with me. I just want to play.

How about The Church of the Sacred ButtWaxers? If the church league could accept that I just might go along with that!

On the other hand, now that I think about it, I can't commit to an ongoing schedule of games. How about you guys? So maybe a one time game (or occasional) is the better way to go.

17. TopTop #17
    nanopiano

Hey! there seems to be at least some interest out there.Remember baseball is about having some fun and not about physical ability in the game, so don't let that hold you back from playing...jeez, just look at the Giants play!

I think playing once or twice a month would be fun????

I would like to compile a list of prospective players.So if you would like to play, email me or respond to this email privately with contact info.All we need is about 8 people per team.There has to be that many in the area.I would like to get something started before I run a post looking for people to play touch football.

Maybe MOMBO's pizza\would be interested?:baseball:

How about the " Sebastopol Screwballs"....

18. TopTop #18
    Vet-To-Pet

I have absolutely NO experience playing softball, but I like the idea of trying...Maybe I could be the manager? Or in charge of refreshments? I could be the mascot, especially if you go with the team name of The Screwballs!

Please let me know where & when to show up for spring training.
    Smiles,
    Vet to Pet

Hey! there seems to be at least some interest out there.Remember baseball is about having some fun and not about physical ability in the game, so don't let that hold you back from playing...jeez, just look at the Giants play!

I think playing once or twice a month would be fun????

I would like to compile a list of prospective players.So if you would like to play, email me or respond to this email privately with contact info.All we need is about 8 people per team.There has to be that many in the area.I would like to get something started before I run a post looking for people to play touch football.

Maybe MOMBO's pizza\would be interested?:baseball:

How about the " Sebastopol Screwballs"....

19. TopTop #19
    sd gross

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Vet to Pet: View Post
    I have absolutely NO experience playing softball, but I like the idea of trying...Maybe I could be the manager? Or in charge of refreshments? I could be the mascot, especially if you go with the team name of The Screwballs!

Please let me know where & when to show up for spring training.
    Smiles,
    Vet to Pet
    Sounds like a terrific idea - with softball you're never to porky and you're never too old! In fact, the Major Leagues were considering hiring scabs during one very draining baseball strike. They were about to hire the living dead. We had a team several years ago in Monte Rio called The Panama Redsox, logo some sharpie in a Panama Hat and a skinny mustache with a, uh, something smoldering between his lips.
    We could also call the team the Waaco WIld FIre.
    stephen
    ps
    I wrote a "poem" called Scabs about the strike which is posted.

20. TopTop #20
    Clementina

Don,
    how would that work for an individual? I would be interested, if different churches have empty spaces they offer to individuals?
    I get on just fine with church folk, having been one myself.
    (I didn't see a button to reply privately, but I will check back on this thread).

21. TopTop #21
    350kitty

Our company started a team through the City of Santa Rosa's adult softball league:

https://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/departme...s/default.aspx

There's a spring season and a fall season.

22. TopTop #22
    Two Riders

Sebastopol has a coed league, I think the season just ended.

23. TopTop #23
    hester18

Hi my names Chris Im 19 and i signed up for this website specifically to ask you guys about a softball league it seems like many of you are interested in joining or even forming one and i am very very interested as well if anything develops please let me know thank you