Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

IKES !!! I was called a Terrorist today in Sebastopol!

So.. its Friday and I am driving along Hwy 12 going into downtown Sebastopol, listening to some beautiful music, "Praises for the World".

I get to the intersection of Hwy 12 and 116 and am observing all those beautiful beings expressing their views. The dear Women in Black on the right hand corner. Others holding peace slogan signs or "End Violence Now" signs ahead of me. Even a woman with a monsters mask on.....crossing the walk way holding a sign up to end violence now.

To the left of me , by Alice's Restaurant, there were 5 so called flag wavers and "support our troops" goers.

I observe one of these particular beings yelling/screaming DIRECTLY at each car going by....whether they pay attention to him or not.

He is yelling , "thank you" really really loud! Near obnoxious.
    I see the reactions on the drivers going by him...they seem to either be annoyed or ignore him.
    I wonder to myself if yelling/screaming at cars going by is a distraction to the drivers and traffic.

My music is still playing and I start humming/chanting along with it as I continue to observe.

I get inspired to offer a peace sign with my fingers held out the window as the traffic light is now indicating a turn signal.

As I do so.. this same man sees my peace sign and SCREAMS at me :

"Terrorist! You support terrorism !! "

I was sooo appalled !

Right here in my own community in West County.... I could be called a "terrorist" just for waving a peace sign !

What's next ?!!!!!

Last edited by nurturetruth; 04-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: IKES !!! I was called a Terrorist today in Sebastopol!

That just goes to show you the real America!

We here in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area (and by that I'm mean an extra layer around the traditional Bay Area, including all of Sonoma, Mendocino, and other counties) really do enjoy living in an exceptionally liberal series of communities, much more so than the rest of the country.

The people you had the displeasure of running into today are actually more representative of the average, reactionary, hateful American.

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetruth: View Post
    So.. its Friday and I am driving along Hwy 12 going into downtown Sebastopol, listening to some beautiful music, "Praises for the World".

I get to the intersection of Hwy 12 and 116 and am observing all those beautiful beings expressing their views. The admired , dedicated and dear Women in Black on the right hand corner. Others holding peace slogan signs or "End Violence Now" signs ahead of me. Even a dear woman with a monsters mask on.....crossing the walk way holding a sign up to end violence now.

To the left of me , by Alice's Restaurant, there were 5 so called flag wavers and "support our troops" goers.

I observe one of these particular beings yelling/screaming DIRECTLY at each car going by....whether they pay attention to him or not.

He is yelling , "thank you" really really loud! Near obnoxious.
    I see the reactions on the drivers going by him...they seem to either be annoyed or ignore him.
    I wonder to myself if yelling/screaming at cars going by is a distraction to the drivers and traffic.

My music is still playing and I start humming/chanting along with it as I continue to observe.

I get inspired to offer a peace sign with my fingers held out the window as the traffic light is now indicating a turn signal.

I was sooo appalled !

Right here in my own community in West County.... I could be called a "terrorist" just for waving a peace sign !

What's next ?!!!!!

3. TopTop #3
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Oh Baby; Hook Line and Sinker eh?

4. TopTop #4
    Zeno Swijtink

I get to the intersection of Hwy 12 and 116 and am observing all those beautiful beings expressing their views. (...)

I was sooo appalled !

What's next ?!!!!!
    Obviously a case of extreme paranoioccultanism. I think there are about eight wi-fi signals at that corner. May have to do with bad vibes.

5. TopTop #5
    MsTerry

Honey it is about BEING peace, not waving peace

6. TopTop #6
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    That's obviously what the demonstrators fear.

Some people demand war.

Those who don't agree are "other" and suspect at best, traitors at worst.

-Jeff

7. TopTop #7
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

I agree, Msterry! But I was not just waving peace, I was being peace and making a statement OF peace. But after being screamed at, I didn't feel quite peaceful for about 4 minutes! And what gave me pleasure and peace was thinking about how I couldn't wait to share my experience with the Wacco world.

Next time, If I ever go by these americans...I will go into meditation at the traffic light and levitate!

I will also have car aromatherapy smells for positive thinking rolling out of my window!

LMAO at you guys!!!

kisses, hugs and of course : peace

8. TopTop #8
    scorpiomoon

Is this Amerikkka oh yes!!! I give the ladies in Black and that man on the corner cudos for using their free speech while they can. Moved to Sonoma County to escape the ignorant majority who believe that making war is patriotic.
    Tying patriotism to war is the complete refuge of those scoundrels. I come from the deep South and have wondered long and hard how is this ignorant mindset so prevalent?? Stupidity is put in the drinking water, its pretty simple. Yes there are idiots and yes they are for endless war and they have NO CLUE about analysing the history of our expansionism or the history of war. I am thinking of the Burning of the Reitstag and the Burning of the Towers on 9/11 There is no doubt that these events are similiar in a number of ways. Hitler had the fires started to boost patriotism by blaming Communists and all who disagreed with him. We ALL know that there is more to the story of the Towers than will ever be made public
    and I guess its good to see an Ignoramus every once in a while on a street corner. Even Vets will tell you what WAR really is. Killing innocent poor people for no reason. If poor people are persuaded to kill other poor folk repeatedly
    never question the leaders authority to kill THAT is the terrifying thing. Anyone with a conscience can "Just say no" to war. Find a catch phrase and keep on using it over and over and over

9. TopTop #9
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Hi Scorpiomoon (what a great name!)

I reflected on your post and I just wanted to say that while I agree that using/enabling our right to free speech while we still can is highly important, no one needs to be yelled or screamed at.

yelling and screaming at drivers of cars that go by is more than just using ones freedom of speech.
    It can be hazardous for the driver and it can be startling. (especially if one is coming from the direction of 116-whole foods through downtown area and turning left onto hwy 12 ..) being screamed at can be quite a shock if not prepared for it.
    uckily i was coming from the other direction and was able to observe his shouting for quite awhile, so it did not remove me from my sense of peace too much or distract my driving.

My imaginings are if it had been a homeless person yelling/screaming at cars, the cops may have been notified.

In regards to your comment about water, I believe many 'other' things can get in peoples water creating a potential imbalance in their brains and bodies. (pharmaceutical drugs, etc) But i think the media and tv has more of an affect on programming ones brain so that they don't see the whole picture. Or perhaps its just denial and not wanting to believe "the system" has let them down.

I still don't understand many "supporters of our troops" perspective.
    To me, supporting our troops means getting them out and bringing them home as "whole" as they can be. If the soldiers are not messed up physically upon their arrival home, the well being of their minds could be.

I once saw a funny bumper sticker: "Support the Warrior, not the War".
    Im thinking to myself...doesn't it take a war to have a warrior?

and I don't share the same belief or perspective that this yelling man was an idiot. (or that flag wavers are idots)
    That is not what I was intending to suggest.

He was merely being passionate about his beliefs but yet inconsiderate to drivers. If he had been yelling at demonstrators who were walking by and not at cars...this would nearly be nearly normal.

but i do agree that many don't really know history or take the time to really analyze it . and i enjoyed how you spelled Amerikkka !

peace!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scorpiomoon: View Post
    Is this Amerikkka oh yes!!! I give the ladies in Black and that man on the corner cudos for using their free speech while they can. Stupidity is put in the drinking water, its pretty simple. Yes there are idiots and yes they are for endless war and they have NO CLUE about analysing the history of our expansionism or the history of war.
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 04-05-2008 at 11:08 AM.

10. TopTop #10
    PeriodThree

yelling and screaming at drivers of cars that go by is more than just using ones freedom of speech.

It can be hazardous for the driver and it can be startling.
    With respect, your attempt to exclude things you don't like from 'free speech' is the typical tactic of those who want to silence their opposition. It is used by all sides in nearly all debates. The road to perdition is lined with people saying "I support freedom of speech but..."

I still don't understand many "supporters of our troops" perspective.
    The reason you don't understand their perspective is that you are ultimately no different from them. You have your own rather tiny narrow point of view. You think you are a broad and tolerant person, but you are not. You are simply tolerant of a different (small!) set of options from the ones 'they' are tolerant of.

Look at your first message, where you describe the people you agree with as 'beautiful beings,' and 'dedicated and dear' and 'dear woman.' The people who you don't agree with are 'so called flag wavers' and (your scare quotes ' "support our troops" goers.'

To me, supporting our troops means getting them out and bringing them home as "whole" as they can be.
    Right: _to you_ that is what it means to support our troops. To them it means something different. I find it hard to understand, but from everything I have read it appears that most of the troops, and most of their families (even the ones who lost loved ones) support the missions they are engaged in over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't see any particular value in trying to second guess the values which they appear to have. So basically you have defined the people who you agree with in generous terms, and you have worked to redefine the words of those who you disagree with so that their words mean what you want them to mean.

I assert that if you surveyed the troops and asked 'do you feel supported by people who want to end the war and bring you home?' that most of them would say 'fxxx no.'

Do you honestly believe that 'the troops' feel supported by people running around with 'nothing accomplished' and 'support our troops, bring them home' bumper stickers?

Trying to define 'supporting our troops' as meaning 'bring them home' is certainly a nice effort, but it is not the same as actually 'supporting our troops.'

Note: nothing in this post is meant as a statement of my views on the war, rather, it is my views on people who claim open mindedness, while being unable to see the perspective of another point of view.

11. TopTop #11
    lifequest

PeriodThree I'm wondering if you read the same post I did. There were numerous fragments of the post you selected to spontaneously comment on, yet it seems you missed the overall point of the post.

No comments by you on the inflammatory or just bad behavior of the counter-protestors. Using an analytical technique similar to the one you applied, would we assume you agreed with those who did the screaming?

Yes NT stated that all of the protestors were beautiful people. The Women in Black manage to get their message across without screaming and merely hold signs. I don't see any evidence that NT aims to restrict the free speech rights of those whose views she disagrees with. She just got involved in a political drive-by...

Your comments that followed expanded far beyond NT's questions or general statements. If you don't agree, how about a reasoned, logical response instead of accusing someone of narrowness and intolerance?

Do you find it so unusual that someone who is attacked verbally by one group would have positive comments to express about the other group that didn't attack her?

The original post was more about behavior and not views on the war. Of course you made a clear disclaimer regarding your own personal views on that subject. So what then are we left with?

12. TopTop #12
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Aren't you a cute rant and raver !!!!

You sure did have alot to say !

Did you perhaps see "trigger words" in my original post that set you off?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by PeriodThree: View Post
    With respect, your attempt to exclude things you don't like from 'free speech' is the typical tactic of those who want to silence their opposition. It is used by all sides in nearly all debates. The road to perdition is lined with people saying "I support freedom of speech but..."
    My intent was NOT to exclude anything or anyone from "free speech".

My intent was to point out that the man who was screaming/yelling
    "was merely being passionate about his beliefs but yet inconsiderate to drivers and could be potentially hazardous" (check out my previous post) I also made a comment to Scorpio moon about how i did NOT feel or agree that flag wavers were idiots as she referred them to be.

The reason you don't understand their perspective is that you are ultimately no different from them. You have your own rather tiny narrow point of view. You think you are a broad and tolerant person, but you are not. You are simply tolerant of a different (small!) set of options from the ones 'they' are tolerant of.
    Excuse me? How do you know what i understand and accept or what I don't? and how do you know what I think or what I am or what I am not? are you psychic?

Look at your first message, where you describe the people you agree with as 'beautiful beings,' and 'dedicated and dear' and 'dear woman.' The people who you don't agree with are 'so called flag wavers' and (your scare quotes ' "support our troops" goers.'
    Ok . I did look at my first message. Nowhere did I state that I agreed with anyone who were passionately expressing their viewpoints that day.
    I made the comment that I was "observing all those beautiful beings expressing their views". The term: "Beautiful Beings" ALSO INCLUDED the polite term of "flag wavers" because I feel it is beautiful to witness people expressing their beliefs ever so passionately , regardless of their 'stance" or opinion on things.
    Also, I simply do not know what else to call the "flag wavers", since they were not dressed in black and since there are MANY ways one can support our troops.

AND since there is a broad perspective regarding "what is considered patriotic and who is a patriot"... I simply could not refer to them as "patriots."
    AND I refuse to use the terms "opposing parties" or "war mongers" as they are my reflection and i wish not to participate in passing judgements.
    I did try to write my thread in a conscious way and my main concern was safety of drivers as I witnessed this man yelling at many cars.

I would love to see the day where the collective consciousness and myself lived without a war or battle. But this is where acceptance comes in and accepting "what is" and finding a way to embrace/love "what is". Even if that means accepting WAR as a reflection. By doing so, at least I can allow my self peace internally.

Right: _to you_ that is what it means to support our troops.
    Yes, you GOT IT !
    FOR ME , supporting our troops means DOES MEAN, "bringing them home as 'whole' as possible' and providing the health care they need/deserve!

To them it means something different.
    All I have for a response to THIS very OBVIOUS statement is: DUH !

I find it hard to understand, but from everything I have read it appears that most of the troops, and most of their families (even the ones who lost loved ones) support the missions they are engaged in over in Iraq and Afghanistan
    Another DUH!! of course they support the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Especially if you are listening to what the mainstream news has to offer.
    Where do you get your news from?

I assert that if you surveyed the troops and asked 'do you feel supported by people who want to end the war and bring you home?' that most of them would say 'fxxx no.'
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Are you an expert? Have you been over there to interview the troops? ? Have YOU taken or posted a "survey' yet?

Why don't ya? Would be a GREAT question to post in forums and on blogs! Get back to me when you have calculated the results! I might even start a poll here on Wacco !

[quote=PeriodThree;54258] So basically you have defined the people who you agree with in generous terms, and you have worked to redefine the words of those who you disagree with so that their words mean what you want them to mean. [/quote]

I do NOT agree or disagree with hardly anyone. Very few times will you see me "agree" with someone. I am my OWN person and can find agreement in myself just fine. I accept ALL and somewhere in between I FIND where I am "at". I will perhaps go back and change my adjectives I used in my post for the "women in black" to make things more neutral and I appreciate your take on this! Perhaps because there were a larger number of the women in black and I support their methods of demonstrating their voice. They DONT yell or scream at cars!

[quote=PeriodThree;54258] Trying to define 'supporting our troops' as meaning 'bring them home' is certainly a nice effort, but it is not the same as actually 'supporting our troops."[/quotes]

So tell us... everyone has their OWN way of how to support our troops.

What's YOURS ?????

Note: nothing in this post is meant as a statement of my views on the war, rather, it is my views on people who claim open mindedness, while being unable to see the perspective of another point of view.
    Are you speaking of lil' ole me , here?

I took the time to analyze your analysis of what u said.. and took it all into consideration, but i am wondering if you really get what I had been saying.

* By the way... were you one of the people waving the flags on the corner that day or were you the man screaming at me? *

with gratitude,

me
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 04-05-2008 at 07:48 PM.

13. TopTop #13
    MsTerry

NT,
    we can't be fighting for peace

14. TopTop #14
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

we have to sometimes go through hell before we can get to the so called bliss state of realized heaven my dear lover !

surprised you didn't use any of the kewl "smilies" wacco offers !
    (note: i removed the "tank / peace" smilie in my original post ~ thanks for the heads up ms.terry!)

I know at times, I have struggled or battled with myself before I reached a state of realized peace.

As noted, for me.. "acceptance" of what is...brings me peace.
    non-attachment and acts of love also brings me peace.
    so does...letting go and best of all....laughing !

kisses

NT,
    we can't be fighting for peace
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 04-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.

15. TopTop #15
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

PEACE! Such a word to live by that appears more elusive than most can keep up with at any given time. For someone with the freedom of speech in such a case I don’t think so. I think you may go back and sue such an individual, and make him prove you are a terrorist? The laws are pretty pacific on such a petty crime, but yet still obtainable to prove your point. The emotions one have to endure over such an outburst in obviously to cause pain and suffering and panic and fear. Is this truly freedom of speech or is this an act of terror in itself. In this particular case I believe this is and act of terror and the courts may see this to be. I think you should sue! If I where on the jury at this point I think this is almost a terrorist attack in itself! PEACE!

16. TopTop #16
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

oh my beloved mykil !

you never cease to amaze me !

lmao

17. TopTop #17
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    The laws are pretty pacific on such a petty crime,
    Mykilism at its best!

18. TopTop #18
    MsTerry

:hug:

OK?
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by nurturetrut:hug:h: View Post

surprised you didn't use any of the kewl "smilies" wacco offers !