Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Tasting my own medicine

I remember how in the past I have flooded the Wacco Talk list with tons of polls and opinions and new posts and I also apologize for this diarrhea that I subjected my fellow community members to.

I am mentioning this because now there is another individual who is doing the same thing I did and believe me, the taste of my own medicine is BITTER! If only this person had an occasional worthy comment to share then it wouldn't be so baaaaaad.

Oh well, like they say, what comes around goes around. I suppose I have to learn my lesson the hard way.

No thanks,

Edward
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Tasting my own medicine

Edward,

So it is true that, "what goes around, comes around"?!

In the case of two new "regular" posters, after I caught the tenor and direction of their remarks, I added them to my "Ignore" list.

This is not something easy for me to do. I live to satisfy my curiosity. And now their "contributions" are blocked from my inquiring eyes.

The advantage is that I won't be wasting any time fulminating over their obtuse, zenophobic, reactionary and racist provocations.

One of the most effective means of social control, which does not require a government, or any hierarchical authority, is the practice of shunning. It is a very strong sanction, not to be toyed with or taken likely. But it works, is voluntary and is an informal form of democracy.

Also I need to save my ire for the system that just marked 4K of U.S. military war dead, not counting the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and others' killed. On my way home Robert Knight referred to the "Invader and Chief". Very apropos for Bush II.

Plus the Chinese crackdown in Tibet and on the Tibetans living in China east of Tibet, and the fact that they're going to probably get away with it, just like the military dictatorship in Burma. Then there're Darfur, Southern Sudan, the Congo, etc., etc,

Well, no wonder I had a frustrating day at work and am feeling really, really pissed! Mostly because there isn't a whole lot I can do to effectively oppose any of that.

All the same, why waste any time and energy on a couple of trolls who have found a fresh new feeding ground?

Life is short, don't waste any of it.

"Mad" Miles

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email