Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shellebelle

The Invitation By Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will be looking like a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from cause of further pain!

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own: if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you’re telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty every day, and if you can source your life from God’s presence. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you are, how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not step back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls apart. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Lorrie

Re: The Invitation By Oriah Mountain Dreamer

If you are not interested in these things about me...Then why would you want to know these other things you want to know about me????

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will be looking like a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from cause of further pain!

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own: if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn’t interest me if the story you’re telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it is not pretty every day, and if you can source your life from God’s presence. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

It doesn’t interest me who you are, how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not step back.

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls apart. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

I'm not sure what you mean but basically it says that the idea is to go deeper than the surface.

But then again if all you have to is offer is the surface please be like creeping thyme beautiful in your own self.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lorrie: View Post
    If you are not interested in these things about me...Then why would you want to know these other things you want to know about me????

4. TopTop #4
    Lorrie

Well, I suppose I will try to explain it like this...Those things that are not being interested in are the things that you would have to know to understand the answer to what it is that is wanted to be known...
    You can't not be interested in somethings about a person and disregard those things...(which seem to be to be about how you got where you are) and then expect an answer about the things you want to know... (Which seem to be about what the person's potential could be)
    I feel like without knowing the answers to the questions you do not want to know I can't answer the questions that you do want to know... nor would I want to...
    Basically ALL of it is about the individual, and if a person isn't interested in the whole story....

Its okay Shellebelle I am un-understandable! HA!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean but basically it says that the idea is to go deeper than the surface.

But then again if all you have to is offer is the surface please be like creeping thyme beautiful in your own self.

5. TopTop #5
    shellebelle

I like questions of the soul. I like people who can answer questions of the soul. And I would have missed many great friends if I had gotten stuck on their past, their history and not looked to their future, their potential, their deeper self.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lorrie: View Post
    Well, I suppose I will try to explain it like this...Those things that are not being interested in are the things that you would have to know to understand the answer to what it is that is wanted to be known...
    You can't not be interested in somethings about a person and disregard those things...(which seem to be to be about how you got where you are) and then expect an answer about the things you want to know... (Which seem to be about what the person's potential could be)
    I feel like without knowing the answers to the questions you do not want to know I can't answer the questions that you do want to know... nor would I want to...
    Basically ALL of it is about the individual, and if a person isn't interested in the whole story....

Its okay Shellebelle I am un-understandable! HA!