Hi Everyone,
A few weeks ago I posted asking if anyone had a chimney sweep recommendation. We received a couple of responses and ultimately went with Ron of Ron's Chimney Sweep. We called and left a message for Ron, and received a call back from Bob. We talked with Bob and questioned him about his experience and back ground, explained a question or two that we had regarding our chimney and woodstove, and set an appointment. On the morning of the appointed day we checked in with Bob to confirm...that afternoon, about an hour or so after the appointed time, Mike showed up . . . when I expressed surprise that Bob wasn't there, Mike stated that just because Bob made the appointment didn't mean that HE would be there only that SOMEONE would be there...Mike was not aware of the questions we had left with Bob regarding the chimney or the woodstove. Mike did an adequate job . . . nothing I would recommend to anyone (including using a very dirty throw to cover light covered wool carpet and leaving some soot behind) . . . We called Bob (did not reach him but left a message) and expressed some of our concern and disappointment regarding Mike's visit. We did not hear back from Bob. So, take it for what it is worth but I don't believe we will be again calling Ron, er Bob, er Mike.