Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jj101

Looking for Jack Russell male dog to breed with

My friend has a Jack Russell 2 1/2 year old female who will be in heat soon and she's looking for a male dog for breeding. Anybody with any leads?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Juggledude

Re: Looking for Jack Russell male dog to breed with

There's always Mykil, but he's far from purebred...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jj101: View Post
    My friend has a Jack Russell 2 1/2 year old female who will be in heat soon and she's looking for a male dog for breeding. Anybody with any leads?

3. TopTop #3
    shellebelle

ROFLMAO

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Juggledude: View Post
    There's always Mykil, but he's far from purebred...

4. TopTop #4
    Barbara

Oh my. Your friend has a dog to breed. Has your friend contacted REPUTABLE Jack Russell breeders? If so, I'll bet REPUTABLE Jack Russell breeders have turned down the offer to breed. Why? Because REPUTABLE breeders already have a network for sire/dam breedings. REPUTABLE breeders are not trying to breed to make $$ but to preserve positive attributes in the breed. Jack Russells are NOT dogs for anyone. They are high, high energy. Ask any humane society why these dogs are difficult to place.
    NO REPUTABLE breeder, no matter the breed, EVER breeds without careful background checks of the sire/dam health issues, nor do they plan a litter until there is a waiting list of potential owners. In addition, REPUTABLE breeders have a contract that buyers agree to and sign. The contract assures that pet owners will NOT breed their pets. Only Show Quality dogs are bred. Therefore, if your friend has a Jack Russell that he/she is trying to breed it indicates the dog was bought from a pet store or from a backyard breeder. One has NO assurance that the dog is not carrying genetic problems that will be passed onto other generations.

Sorry to be so blunt, but with so many wonderful animals being destroyed because owners can no longer afford to care for them, what kind of person would ever consider adding to the problem unless he/she is looking for money???

Barbara