Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Rucira

Anti-GAIA activities

I have information about a local business which is in violation of mother earth ecology. I need to connect with lawyers and whoever can help shut the place down. there is also a situation where an employee is being blackmailed to keep quiet. is there a greeen lawyer in the house??? ( im speaking about motor oil spills and safety violations/ business financial records and irs frauds)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Si'paz

Re: Anti-GAIA activities

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Rucira: View Post
    I have information about a local business which is in violation of mother earth ecology. I need to connect with lawyers and whoever can help shut the place down. there is also a situation where an employee is being blackmailed to keep quiet. is there a greeen lawyer in the house??? ( im speaking about motor oil spills and safety violations/ business financial records and irs frauds)
    www.earthjustice.org they are in oakland though

3. TopTop #3
    Hummingbear

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Rucira: View Post
    These are separate issues, with separate jurisdictions.

Oil spills should be reported to the local environmental agencies, and the local office of the Regional Water Quality Control Board. Look in the government section of the yellow pages.

For safety violations, try Cal-OSHA.

Fraud in business records could be reported to the Ca. Sec. of State's office, but you don't have first-hand info, right? Only the employee who actually knows what is going on is likely to be able to provide the details requred to investigate.

IRS fraud? I wouldn't bother.

These are all civil agencies, meaning that they would look at vioations of the regulations they are supposed to enforce. If there's a criminal violation, it's much easier to get the ball rolling. Just contact the local police (if it's in city limits) or sheriff. But you have to have specifics, not just hearsay.

You say the employee is being "blackmailed"? That's a crime--but it's hard to investigate if the employee is not willing to talk to the cops about it.

Frankly, there's such a wide range of complaints on this list that I'd take all of it with a grain of salt. Someone could just be badmouthing, for their own reasons.

4. TopTop #4
    nicofrog

The word "Business" is pretty pretty much synonymous with environmental damage of one sort or another, every parking lot is an oil spill,eventually they will all have run off purification systems, if we live that long with these oily beasts.If there are true code violations. simply politely letting the biz know that someone is going to write a letter to the editor about it, and could they please clean it up might be better than just turning them in and getting your friend fired. N