[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
A Message from Marianne WilliamsonThursday, November 15, 2007[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
Dear Friends, [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
Greetings to you as you begin your holiday season. May the spirit of the holidays brighten your life and the world around you.
I have recently become President of the Board of the Peace Alliance, an organization that leads a national grassroots campaign to establish a United States Department of Peace. The Peace Alliance is now a mature and respected movement, with activists in all fifty states.
In my first month of deeper involvement with day-to-day operations of the Peace Alliance, I have been deeply impressed by what has been accomplished by its small and committed staff, and volunteers, up to this point. I can personally attest to their extraordinary achievement so far - building a national grassroots network, establishing relationships with lawmakers throughout the country, bringing the issue of proactive peace-creation into mainstream political dialogue, and enrolling thousands of people in an effort to wage peace in our communities and throughout our world.
Now, on the brink of a New Year, I, along with the staff and Board of the Peace Alliance, am committed to taking our efforts to the next level. We are embarking on a new phase of political strategizing and organization; in addition, we're highlighting even more effectively the peace-building initiatives emerging throughout our culture. As over 250 colleges and universities in the United States now give degrees in peace-building studies, the Peace Alliance is committed to advancing these professional skills in all ways possible. From identifying best practices techniques, to supporting an institutional platform for their application within the functioning of the United States government, the Peace Alliance has already established itself as a unique voice for peace. We are a constituency calling for more than the absence of war. We seek a peace that is a positive force, proactively pursued and maintained, and grounded in the principles of justice an! d love.
I ask you -- at this critical time not only for our nation but also for our species -- to give generously to the Peace Alliance, that the exceptional work already achieved by this organization might be furthered and multiplied in the year ahead. Together, we can manifest a new political possibility: an America in which a dedication to peace takes precedence over lesser concerns.
From all of us, thank you.
All my best,

Marianne Williamson