Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Gratitude
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Melodymama

Gratitude

Home and sick, I find myself reading threads I had no time for previously. I have become focused on the Gratitude given and received numbers. As gratitude in general is such a hot topic in spiritual growth and happiness, I am more aware of the good in my life. This approach of making the expression of it public in numeric fashion is great. While it seems a bit silly to count gestures, it is nice to count how gracious we can be. Practice creates habits and gratitude as a habit is welcome in this world of contentiosity(I am aware this is not a recognized word and invoke poet licence.)
    Thank you, Barry or whoever put this detail into the format. Thank you is an underused phrase.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    dgianni

Re: Gratitude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Melodymama: View Post
    Home and sick, I find myself reading threads I had no time for previously. I have become focused on the Gratitude given and received numbers. As gratitude in general is such a hot topic in spiritual growth and happiness, I am more aware of the good in my life. This approach of making the expression of it public in numeric fashion is great. While it seems a bit silly to count gestures, it is nice to count how gracious we can be. Practice creates habits and gratitude as a habit is welcome in this world of contentiosity(I am aware this is not a recognized word and invoke poet licence.)
    Thank you, Barry or whoever put this detail into the format. Thank you is an underused phrase.
    Thank you for your thoughts. Gratitude is an amazing way of living. I have found such inspiration, calm and love simply by expressing my gratitude everyday for all the wonderful experiences along my journey. Living from love, from the heart, and with gratitude feels fantastic!

3. TopTop #3
    Braggi

In the darkest times of my life, and I've had some serious ones, the most important therapy for me was counting my blessings. This is one of the gifts I've learned from some Buddhist friends. Some of them "practice" it on a regular basis. It's so good for the soul anytime, but especially when times are tough.

Thanks for reminding us,

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Melodymama: View Post
    You're most welcome, Melodymama! Yes, gratitude is an important part of life and it feels good to give and receive! Now with just a click, you can let someone know you appreciated their post!

I'll be introducing the button in a video in few days, after I finish adding some more features around it, but its basically simple: If there is a post that you are better off for reading, or want to support the poster in any way, just click the button and let them know! It's coming to the digest soon too, as well as email notification when someone has expressed gratitude for your post.

Nurturing Community,
    Barry

5. TopTop #5
    hales

Thanks, Barry, for the great idea of the "Gratitude" button.. Practicing gratitude is a great way to lift one's focus and outlook. Also, a grateful person is nice to be around, as long there is no holier-than-thou attitude. I think it's sometimes easy to forget that we are creating our realities with our thoughts, words and actions, on a moment-to-moment basis.. Forgiveness and acceptance are also sort of attitudinal universal solvents, IMO.

in gratitude,
    Scott.

6. TopTop #6
    Melodymama

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hales: View Post
    Thanks, Barry, for the great idea of the "Gratitude" button.. Practicing gratitude is a great way to lift one's focus and outlook. Also, a grateful person is nice to be around, as long there is no holier-than-thou attitude. I think it's sometimes easy to forget that we are creating our realities with our thoughts, words and actions, on a moment-to-moment basis.. Forgiveness and acceptance are also sort of attitudinal universal solvents, IMO.

in gratitude,
    Scott.
    ditto, amen, so be it, bro.

7. TopTop #7
    cocreator

Hi Wacco Wonderland,

I suspect many people are also grat-etuding (singing songs of praise) to other Waccovians privately (I know I've both thanked others via direct response, and received private thanks). Of course, private gratitude won't show up on the site, so someone may appear to have zero or very few Gratitudes when in actuality they've thanked and been thanked a lot off-site. Just a note (in D, my favorite) to remind those who might be tempted to "evaluate" someone on gratitude that what appears on Wacco might literally be the tio o' the iceberg (though for the sake of appropriate metaphor, we might want to say, "steam on the teacup" :-)

Barry, thanks as always for the innovation and generativity!

Blessings to all...

8. TopTop #8
    gardenorganic

RE: Gratitude

I find myself in the same place; ill, diasabled with the whole array of illnesses folks have been sharing about. And yet, my only "lifeline', anybody's REALLY, is God, or Grace , or Love, or like you said, Gratitude.

That is my lifeline....and I am also Grateful for WaccoBB!

Blessings,
    Rhonda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dgianni: View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts. Gratitude is an amazing way of living. I have found such inspiration, calm and love simply by expressing my gratitude everyday for all the wonderful experiences along my journey. Living from love, from the heart, and with gratitude feels fantastic!