Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    3GreenApples

Ring-neck Doves free to good homes

Hello,

Our ring-neck doves (see the attachment) have been very prolific this year and there are now too many in the aviary. I have some that are all white, some that are white with a visible ring neck, and some that are darker with rings. If you would like a pair or several pairs please reply.
    I have about 10 to give away to good homes.

Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    wildflower

Re: Ring-neck Doves free to good homes

Due to the recent animal abuse/torture controversy on Craigs List stemming from a "Kittens Free to Good Home" ad, I thought we were all in agreement to stop these "...Free to Good Home" postings!!!

It only makes sense.....
    wildflower

3. TopTop #3
    alanora

The "offender" is a very new member and the ad is innocuous. I am a very frequent peruser of this site, however I have never come across this rule about postings myself, and certainly did not agree. Not everyone follows all threads. I have not looked at craig's list. I would like to know how a posting for doves free to a good home is harmful to the birds and/or people, if you would not mind referencing thread or article once again. To the dove afficianado called 3greenapples who has an abundance to share; a warm welcome to our on-line community of opinion filled folk and thanks for sharing your bounty. me

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wildflower: View Post
    Due to the recent animal abuse/torture controversy on Craigs List stemming from a "Kittens Free to Good Home" ad, I thought we were all in agreement to stop these "...Free to Good Home" postings!!!

It only makes sense.....
    wildflower
    Last edited by alanora; 11-13-2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: add name

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

It only makes sense.....
    wildflower
    WaccoBB.net is not Craigslist! That's why we exist! While I can't guarantee it, the idea is that this is a "conscious" and local community. So things that might inadvisable on CL, such as posting your real name or phone number, or offering pets for adoption, are welcome here!

5. TopTop #5
    3GreenApples

Hello Wildflower,

I appreciate your concern. I always "interview" the people who respond to my ads for the doves. I make sure they have experience raising birds, and make sure they have adequate fascilities to house and feed them properly. I wish I could keep all of them but realize they are happier in a smaller flock.

It only makes sense.....
    wildflower

6. TopTop #6
    Seremantha

Quote Posted in reply to the post by 3GreenApples: View Post
    Hello,

Our ring-neck doves (see the attachment) have been very prolific this year and there are now too many in the aviary. I have some that are all white, some that are white with a visible ring neck, and some that are darker with rings. If you would like a pair or several pairs please reply.
    I have about 10 to give away to good homes.

Thanks.
    Don't remember if i replied b4. Do u live in Chicago?