Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Supporting Member

Rescued kittens need good homes!

Two adorable, frisky kittens, about 8 weeks old and rescued from the beach, are now available for adoption to a good home! They have been spending time in the loving care of foster moms, and are now feeling socialized and ready to go out into the world. When they are old enough, they will be spayed or neutered, and vaccinated, for free - courtesy of Forgotten Felines! (Thanks go to Kitty Committee for all their help as well).

These lucky kittens have been spared a hard life scavenging out at the beach, or worse, being quickly euthanized at the county shelter. Please consider being the next angel, and taking one into your home!

A home without small children or dogs is ideal - and of course, we're looking for a home that is forever, not temporary.

Call Pamela at 874-1853 for more information.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    quirkypixie

Re: Rescued kittens need good homes!

No kids or dogs? I have to say my current cat (as well as my deceased cats) have ALL been raised with children & dogs. My dog and cats have been best friends....they pick fleas off of each other, and curl up together. My cats are part of my family, and so are my daughter and dog......it really shouldn't matter if the person adopting has dogs and kids. You are narrowing down the possible homes for these homeless kittens, and it is not fair to them.

Terri

3. TopTop #3
    Supporting Member

Just so people can see how adorable these kittens really are, I am attaching some photos of them!

4. TopTop #4
    jesswolfe

I have to agree with Dian. One of my furballs was a feral kitten. When we got him, and two other kittens from a rescue home, he was very scared about being outside the cage. But over time, till he got big enough for me to take them home, he was better about playing and interacting. Even with me visiting them often, I still had to get him used to us when i got them home. He hid under my bed for several days, with me talking to him much of the time. After a while he did come out and he is now a very loving kitty. He is laying here with me now.

I had cats before we adopted him and his two sisters. If we had a dog or small kids he probably never would have come out from under my bed. It takes time for these little ferals to get used to people, even when they have been fostered.

I hope this helps.

Jess

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus: View Post
    What we said was that it would be "ideal" if they could go to such homes. The kits were born into the wild and spent their first 7 to 8 weeks there. This Little here is into everything now, fearlessly, but if someone comes to the door, he's under the chair. They're a little different from domesticated cats. We certainly don't want to limit their chances, we want to give them the best chance to succeed. Hope this clarifies.

Dian

5. TopTop #5
    quirkypixie

I have raised kittens by hand (feeding them with a bottle, waking up every hour. The mother abandoned the litter, leaving them for dead), I have domesticated 4 feral cats. My old dog used to think they (the kittens) were his, and lick them until they were sopping wet! He thought he was mama kitty. It was a very humorous picture! I am aware of how scarred and jumpy they can be, but also believe it depends on what they are exposed to, and grow up with.
    I have found that after a few days of adjustment, they can be part of any family, even with dogs and kids. As long as the new family is responsible.

Terri

6. TopTop #6
    Dark Shadows

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mamabear Layout & Design: View Post
    Just so people can see how adorable these kittens really are, I am attaching some photos of them!
    Hi,
    Do you still have the kittens? We are an adult household with areas where we can contain the kitties so they do not get out and hit by a car. I find that it is really a good idea to clip their nails, especially when they first come home because of the damage they cause the furniture, walls and my hands! Have you done this yet? Do you think they would put up with this now?

Kathy