Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Loving Life...
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dgianni

Loving Life...

My intention is to gain ultimate satisfaction in every part of my life. I will worship my body, my mind, my heart, and all those bodies, minds and hearts surrounding me. I now have more satisfaction in life itself, just being in the moment at all times and thanking the universe for every experience it offers, for every experience is neither good nor bad, but just “I experience the Universe.” …Deep Breath…I am thankful at this very moment, and it shows. I wear a smile on my face and my body feels weightless. I am satisfaction manifested.

I move through my experiences as an observer. Watching, learning, listening, observing. This is love. We are surrounded by love. Look. Pay attention. It’s amazing!

I believe that to go into each moment with love in my heart, and making choices with loving kindness that everything will be exactly as it should be.

BE FABULOUS!
    In love, Diane
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Juggledude

Re: Loving Life...

As I wake up today, with Joy in my heart, and the sunlight caresses my soul, I find an echo of self gracing my experience.

Very beautifully stated, Diane, thank you for so clearly expressing your experience of now, and your connection with love.

Thou art Goddess

Royce

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dgianni: View Post
    My intention is to gain ultimate satisfaction in every part of my life. I will worship my body, my mind, my heart, and all those bodies, minds and hearts surrounding me. I now have more satisfaction in life itself, just being in the moment at all times and thanking the universe for every experience it offers, for every experience is neither good nor bad, but just “I experience the Universe.” …Deep Breath…I am thankful at this very moment, and it shows. I wear a smile on my face and my body feels weightless. I am satisfaction manifested.

I move through my experiences as an observer. Watching, learning, listening, observing. This is love. We are surrounded by love. Look. Pay attention. It’s amazing!

I believe that to go into each moment with love in my heart, and making choices with loving kindness that everything will be exactly as it should be.

BE FABULOUS!
    In love, Diane

3. TopTop #3
    Willie Lumplump

BE FABULOUS!
    In love, Diane
    Yeah, I have a problem with this. First of all, life is an endless series of trade-offs. You give up something so you can get something else that you want more. Second, when you get what you thought you wanted, often it isn't what you thought it was going to be. So then you have to make another decision to adjust for the first. This system allows plenty of room for a happy life, but it doesn't lead to the kind of rapture that you're apparently selling.

A specific case of trade-off is the central problem of dependence vs. independence. There are only momentary resolutions to this problem--no permanent ones. A tension always exists between these two conflicting needs, and every couple struggles continually to find the best momentary trade-off. Again, this fact of life doesn't allow for the kind of rapture that you're selling.

Suggestion for Diane: Come down to earth and dwell with us ordinary mortals. It's not so bad down here, at least not most of the time. And sometimes it can be pretty great.

4. TopTop #4
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Willie Lumplump: View Post
    Yeah, I have a problem with this. First of all, life is an endless series of trade-offs. You give up something so you can get something else that you want more. Second, when you get what you thought you wanted, often it isn't what you thought it was going to be. So then you have to make another decision to adjust for the first. This system allows plenty of room for a happy life, but it doesn't lead to the kind of rapture that you're apparently selling.
    I've been a practicing Buddhist for years, but not much of a scholar; however, what you describe here doesn't sound at all like "a system (which) allows plenty of room for a happy life", but is almost exactly what the Buddha described as the major cause of human suffering: chasing after desires that don't satisfy you, and on and on....This system DOES allow plenty of room for the advertising and sales industries to make a buck, though.

Happiness seems to be far more like what Diane described: being glad for what one has and wishing the best for everyone else.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-25-2007 at 06:12 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    Braggi

BE FABULOUS!
    In love, Diane

Thanks for the blessing, Diane.

There are lots of us out here looking at the dark sides of life and trying to work to make things better. Sometimes a change in attitude is all it takes to make life a little more enjoyable.

Carry on in love!

-Jeff