Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Your emergency information

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.
    If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this " ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign
    The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" (In Case of Emergency).
    The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE".
    Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.
    For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
    Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today

"We" don't all carry cel phones. I have a piece of paper in my wallet

that says, "In case of emergency, call..." [the womon who would

take care of the cat 'til i can again.] For those of us who do, though,

it sounds like a good idea.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    decterlove

Re: Your emergency information

Good Post, Moon.

Very Important information.

Keep in mind also, and I'm not an expert on the subject but it is my understanding that if you call 911, etc on your cell phone you are often directed to a call center several towns away from your own which can mean a dangerous delay in getting the assistance you need. Land lines I guess go right to your most local emergency response resources.

The ancient Rex's Ace Hardware in Petaluma burned last summer (along with the pretty decent Goodwill Store that was on E.Washington and Petaluma Bvld N which has since relocated to Lakeville, and totally sucks!) and a gal just getting out of work from a pizza parlour just 75 feet away made a few key errors.

First, she apparently grabbed a fire extinquisher and tried to break the front display window and put it out herself. And second she used her cell phone to call the fire department and connected to the Vallejo switchboard. The amazing irony of the whole situation was that if she had just walked over to the Petaluma station which is only two blocks away, she probably could have gotten help within 5 minutes. As it was the old treasure burned to the ground.

Happy ending is that it is now opened after 14 months and really is a nicer looking store with a more aesthetic and practical layout. They still have the Radio Flyers in the window and they are a very friendly, local store. Check it out next time you West County folks get over to P-town.

3. TopTop #3
    cfitz54

Re: Your emergency information

What A Wonderful Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Plugged Mine In After Reading This Post Thanks To You!