Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Heartfire

Need advise on carpet cleaning.........

I have a Bissell carpet cleaning machine and would like to use a natural cleaning product with low suds. I always seem to have residue left which attracts dirt and makes the carpet look matted. Yes, it is synthetic, I rent! Any advise would be welcome, need to do it soon, as well as my sofa.

Thanks in advance,
    Nanc Marie
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tars

Re: Need advise on carpet cleaning.........

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nms612: View Post
    I have a Bissell carpet cleaning machine and would like to use a natural cleaning product with low suds. I always seem to have residue left which attracts dirt and makes the carpet look matted. Yes, it is synthetic, I rent! Any advise would be welcome, need to do it soon, as well as my sofa.
    I had a carpet cleaning business for a few years many years ago. Here's the best, also the cheapest way to do what I think you're asking about:

a carpet "steam" cleaner is nothing more than a shop vac combined with a water pump. You can remove carpet dirt/traffic spots created in previous cleanings by using pure water in a spray bottle (there's already residue soap in the dirt spot), a scrub brush, and a shop vac. Spray the water on the dirt spot, enough to get it slightly wet, but not soaked. Let it sit a minute or two. Scrub lightly with the brush. Vacuum. Do this one or two times and it should remove the huge majority of the spot. Remember that carpet looks darker/dirtier until it dries. So let the spot dry before repeating process. Since the original carpet cleaning solution was soaked into the spot area, it may take several repeats over months to completely remove the spot.

You can use the same process to clean your upholstery. You should put a small amount of your low-suds detergent in the water. Scrub very lightly. Use one of the vacuum's attachments to spread the suction force out.

If pet urine is involved, you might consider adding vinegar to your solution.

Have a good time!

Tars

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email