Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shirl

Never take rides from stangers

Thank you everyone for your response. Let me explain: I went on line to WACCO and noticed a person asking for a ride to Portland, Oregon. That frightened me because that man sexually assaulted me one evening while I was sleeping. He was my landlord. I was renting a small unit from him separate from his house but on the same property. He used his key and came in my room. This occurred in late October 2006. I went to the hospital and a police report was done and the investigation is still pending. I cannot mention his name. He told the police that it was consensual. I knew this man for 13 years and in all that time we never had anything more that a platonic friendship.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    saysni

Re: never take rides from stangers/sexual assault

Just so we are clear here folks: There has been more than one male person asking/offering rides to Portland Oregon, including myself. However, I am NOT the person to whom 'shirl' refers. A little due diligence perusing the 'Rides' category will reveal that person's identity, unless it has been removed, as well as my posting from a month ago on that same subject.
    In truth and clarity,
    Stuart Moore ('saysni')
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by shirl: View Post
    Thank you everyone for your response. Let me explain: I went on line to WACCO and noticed a person asking for a ride to Portland, Oregon. That frightened me because that man sexually assaulted me one evening while I was sleeping. He was my landlord. I was renting a small unit from him separate from his house but on the same property. He used his key and came in my room. This occurred in late October 2006. I went to the hospital and a police report was done and the investigation is still pending. I cannot mention his name. He told the police that it was consensual. I knew this man for 13 years and in all that time we never had anything more that a platonic friendship.

3. TopTop #3
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: never take rides from stangers/sexual assault

Shirl...

I felt much empathy/sympathy and chills in my body when i read what you wrote.

Not sure how long ago this event occurred for you..but if you feel like talking about it more, feel free to email me.

Sayni: thank you for sharing your truth and clarity with the community.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by saysni: View Post
    Just so we are clear here folks: There has been more than one male person asking/offering rides to Portland Oregon, including myself. However, I am NOT the person to whom 'shirl' refers. A little due diligence perusing the 'Rides' category will reveal that person's identity, unless it has been removed, as well as my posting from a month ago on that same subject.
    In truth and clarity,
    Stuart Moore ('saysni')