Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Fillie

Laser light in sky Friday 17, anybody know what it was?

My friend and I watched a laser beam across the sky, from East to West, white in color, covering as far as we could see. Then after about five minutes, it moved to several diff places, originating seemingly from Santa Rosa, emanating to Sebastopol, then disappeared.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Juggledude

Re: Laser light in sky Friday 17, anybody know what it was?

when did you observe this?

have you checked with the police, or the newspaper?

very curious,

Royce

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fillie: View Post
    My friend and I watched a laser beam across the sky, from East to West, white in color, covering as far as we could see. Then after about five minutes, it moved to several diff places, originating seemingly from Santa Rosa, emanating to Sebastopol, then disappeared.

3. TopTop #3
    Dixon

Sounds to me like one of those searchlights they use to attract people to events like supermarket grand openings. In my experience, they can look downright spooky until you realize what they are.

Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fillie: View Post

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

About Five years ago I had about twenty teens in front of my house in Forestville yelling they were seeing strange lights coming from Santa Rosa's North end, I was laughing soooo hard. I'm like you guyz it will be ok, it's just the lights from the airport, everyone disagreed with me, and said it was something else. I think they might have been smoken a little something up there they wouldn't tell me about. I finally just let them have there little fun and went in to crash! LOL!

The airport lights used to be on 24/7 some years ago, now they are turned on by the pilots themselves via radio when they come in for a landing, so they aren’t on like they used to be.

On another note I did see something really strange on Sunday night, I and a friend and his daughter were sitting at a little camp by the river with a little fire roasting marshmellows. My friend Smitty started yelling at me “mike there’s a UFO”. I laughed and looked up and what appeared to be two jets came in from the northwest really fast. They slowed, and then appeared to be two helicopters, really bright lights no flashing lights about, what appeared to be a quarter mile between them fairly low. I was like “ok they are helicopters landing at the airport”. I was laughing at my friend who was all up in arms over them, when right before our eyes they both vanished. Like they were gone both at the same time and just without any warning they vanished in thin air. I was laughing so hard, I told my friend smitty “ I think they were UFO’s” He was yelling “I told you so” LOL!!! I told him I was getting scared so he let me all alone. My UFO story for the year…

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Sounds to me like one of those searchlights they use to attract people to events like supermarket grand openings. In my experience, they can look downright spooky until you realize what they are.

Dixon

5. TopTop #5
    charlieinca

A friend and I also saw this light on Friday night around 10:15--we were about 4 miles north of Sebastopol and the light we saw was exactly as described.

To me the light beam was too narrow to be that of a searchlight, at least one of standard size, and unlike searchlights, the beam was more horizontal (180 degrees and parallel to the ground) than at an angle (most searchlight beams go upward from the ground at less than a 90 degree angle), but I have no other explanation for what it could have been. It wasn't/didn't seem far enough north of Santa Rosa to have been anything from the airport.

I too am interested if anyone read or heard anything about it the next day, including an explanation of what it was.