Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on aliens or extraterrestrials?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • There is no such thing as "aliens."

2 13.33%
  • Yes, there is such a thing as aliens or extraterrestrials.

6 40.00%
  • Yes, there are aliens but they've never visited Earth.

0 0%
  • Yes, there are aliens AND they have visited Earth.

4 26.67%
  • Yes, and we are their hybrid experimental descendants.

4 26.67%
  • If aliens visited today, I would be calm.

7 46.67%
  • If aliens visited today, I would quit my job, sell everything, buy a lot of food, and live in the mountains or a bunker.

0 0%
  • If aliens visited today, I would commit suicide.

0 0%
  • If aliens visited today, it would mean the apocalypse or the manifestation of Satan.

0 0%
  • If aliens visited today, I would commit suicide and kill all the members of my family.

0 0%
  • If aliens visited today, I believe they would probably be friendly.

4 26.67%
  • If aliens visited today, I believe they would probably be a threat.

2 13.33%
  • If aliens visited today and were friendly, they would help the human race advance its civillization.

6 40.00%
  • If aliens visited today and were friendly, they would become a political, social, and economic burden to us, and should stay on their planet.

1 6.67%
  • If aliens visited today, they might kill us all to protect Earth. (Braggi)

4 26.67%
  • If we invented electricity only one hundred years ago and an alien life form invented electricity over a billion years ago do you think they would be advanced enough to visit our solar system? (mykil)

2 13.33%
  • I have no doubt that "Aliens" surround us daily and to my utmost pleasure ! Tinque (Tinque)

3 20.00%
  • Aliens have visited us, but they have little or nothing to do with UFOs (Neshamah)

1 6.67%
  • The Phiant is an Alien (ThePhiant)

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Your opinion on "aliens"

This is a poll about your opinion on "aliens." Do you think it's a bunch of hogwash? Do you believe there are aliens? Whether or not you believe in aliens, how would you react? Etc.

You can check more than one box as long as your responses don't contradict each other. Unfortunately, the check boxes are not mutually exclusive.

Any poll needs a bare minimum of at least 30 responses for it to have any credibility. So please, express yourself. This is all in good fun and more so if you participate. I will try to include an "Other" option so you can include a view that is not available.

Edward

[If you are seeing this in your Daily Digest, click Website/Reply to see the Poll on the website - Barry]
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 08-15-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Neshamah

Re: Your opinion on "aliens"

Earth has surely been studied by aliens at some point, perhaps even since the evolution of modern humans. However, to study us effectively, they would not want us to know they were here anymore than we would want to introduce earth's microbes to the seas beneath the ice on Europa. If they are advanced enough to cross interstellar distances, they are advanced enough that we will not see them if they do not want to be seen.

I think most sightings of alien phenomena turn out to have more terrestrial explanations, though I would not rule out the possibility that aliens have made isolated contact in the past.

~ Neshamah

3. TopTop #3
    Dynamique

Thanks for creating the poll! That was intriguing.

There's a small nit-picky factual error with one of your poll questions: physical phenomena like electricity cannot be "invented," it can only be "discovered." It's something that exists regardless of whether or not some creature is aware of it. Once it has been discovered and its properties learned, it can be manipulated, harnessed, etc.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by roble: View Post
    This is a poll about your opinion on "aliens." Do you think it's a bunch of hogwash? Do you believe there are aliens? Whether or not you believe in aliens, how would you react? Etc.[/I]

4. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

I believe you are speaking of question number 16, a question that was contributed by one of the respondents. Although I like his question, I'm interested in seeing how you would rewrite the question yourself. Anyone is welcome to add new questions, so perhaps you can do this if you wish.

Polls are easy to do (anyone registered can do one) on the Wacco List but there are some limitations.

Thanks,

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    Thanks for creating the poll! That was intriguing.

There's a small nit-picky factual error with one of your poll questions: physical phenomena like electricity cannot be "invented," it can only be "discovered." It's something that exists regardless of whether or not some creature is aware of it. Once it has been discovered and its properties learned, it can be manipulated, harnessed, etc.

5. TopTop #5
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I was actually going to write discovered, yet in the history books it was invented, soooo I didn't want to confuse the issue and start a whole debate on this matter! LMFAO!!! This is why I myself try not to read, it really contaminates the brain with useless information that should be a given, thus qualifying most minds as a lost cause in our society today!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by roble: View Post
    I believe you are speaking of question number 16, a question that was contributed by one of the respondents. Although I like his question, I'm interested in seeing how you would rewrite the question yourself. Anyone is welcome to add new questions, so perhaps you can do this if you wish.

Polls are easy to do (anyone registered can do one) on the Wacco List but there are some limitations.

Thanks,

Edward