Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    OrchardDweller

Are you against the War in Iraq?

Check out Ron Paul

www.ronpaul2008.com

The democrats are NOT going to get us out of Iraq. I'm a democrat, but I will vote Ron Paul for president, the only honest politician. He is not running because he wants to, but because so many people ASKED HIM to run. You will not find much news on him in mainstream media, they are owned by the big corporations that are threatened by him. Go and google Ron Paul's name for info. Go to www.youtube.com to find many great videos on him. You will be glad you did.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    OrchardDweller

Re: Are you against the War in Iraq?

3. TopTop #3
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OrchardDweller: View Post
    Check out Ron Paul

www.ronpaul2008.com

...I'm a democrat, but I will vote Ron Paul for president, the only honest politician. ...
    The only honest politician? What about Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader, Leonard Peltier, etc.? You needlessly insult these honorable people.

I looked at Paul's website and found that, while he takes some good positions that I could support, he also takes some positions that I can't support. Here are some relevant quotes from his site:

"In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president."

"He was an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values."

"We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked."

So a vote for Ron Paul would apparently mean, among other things, a vote for illegalizing abortion and for cracking down on "illegal" immigrants. Also, his consistent anti-taxation emphasis probably also means that he would de-fund many social services if given the chance, to lower taxes. So I can't support the guy.

If the Dems were progressive enough to nominate Kucinich, I'd vote for him. However, since they're far too corrupt to nominate him and will certainly nominate another sleazeball like always, I'll probably vote for Leonard Peltier again.

Sadly;

Dixon

4. TopTop #4
    OrchardDweller

I apologize if I offended anyone. When I said Dr. Paul is the "only honest politician" I was comparing him in my mind to the likes of Guiliani, not Kucinich. I could have worded it better.

Dixon, I understand your concern about the abortion issue. I'd like to point out that Dr. Paul is also a ob/gyn who has delivered 4000 babies.. I understand that he is morally opposed to abortion, but wants federal government out of sensitive personal issues like this. He would like to return the choice to the individual and the states.

Here is a link to a recent interview with Dr. Paul that goes into many issues:

https://www.muckrakerreport.com/id447.html

This country is in serious trouble. Anyone who agrees with me on this point, might really want to take some time looking into Ron Paul. That's all I ask.

5. TopTop #5
    OrchardDweller

Ron Paul rally in Mountain View on July 14:

https://www.ronpaulrally.com/

6. TopTop #6
    OrchardDweller

Watch Ron Paul videos here (includes Ron Paul on Bill Maher, scroll down):

https://www.youtube.com/RonPaul2008dotcom

7. TopTop #7
    OrchardDweller

The rally was great! A good crowd showed up. Got to meet Ron Paul after his speech, shake his hand and all that. Not only is Dr. Paul extremely smart, he is also a very kind and gentle man. I will try to post a video of the event if I find it, but here is an excellent video of him speaking at Google headquarters the night before the rally.

(2008 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul in discusion with Google executive Elliot Schrage as part of the company's Candidates@Google series.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

8. TopTop #8
    ThePhiant

so Ron and Paul are going to get US out of Iraq?
    and what kind of a mess is he going to leave behind?
    what is Ron or Paul going to do for the Iraqi people?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OrchardDweller: View Post
    Check out Ron Paul

www.ronpaul2008.com

The democrats are NOT going to get us out of Iraq. I'm a democrat, but I will vote Ron Paul for president, the only honest politician. He is not running because he wants to, but because so many people ASKED HIM to run. You will not find much news on him in mainstream media, they are owned by the big corporations that are threatened by him. Go and google Ron Paul's name for info. Go to www.youtube.com to find many great videos on him. You will be glad you did.

9. TopTop #9
    OrchardDweller

The Price of Delaying the Inevitable by rep. Dr. Ron Paul
    https://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=11079
    The growing demand by the American people for us to leave Iraq prompts the nay-sayers to predict disaster in the Middle East if we do. Of course, these merchants of fear are the same ones who predicted that invading and occupying Iraq would be a slam dunk operation; that we would be welcomed as liberators, and oil revenues would pay for the operation with minimal loss of American lives.

Staying or Leaving by rep. Dr. Ron Paul
    https://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=7559

Antiwar Ron Paul Rakes in Military Donations
    https://www.iraqslogger.com/index.php/post/3609/

10. TopTop #10
    ThePhiant

thanks for letting everybody know that even Ron & Paul have no clue about the middle east,
    I was against the war, but I am also against leaving a country in shambles and telling them; hey we screwed up, big time! now it is your turn to fix it

[quote=OrchardDweller;33615]
    Quote The growing demand by the American people for us to leave Iraq prompts the nay-sayers to predict disaster in the Middle East if we do. Of course, these merchants of fear are the same ones who predicted that invading and occupying Iraq would be a slam dunk operation; that we would be welcomed as liberators, and oil revenues would pay for the operation with minimal loss of American lives.

11. TopTop #11
    Dynamique

Ahem, it's one guy named "Ron Paul" that he's referring to.

Like Bill Maher, for a while I thought it was "RuPaul" the transvestite entertainer (?) that was running as a Republican candidate, but no... it's this other Dr. Ron Paul dude.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ThePhiant: View Post
    so Ron and Paul are going to get US out of Iraq?
    and what kind of a mess is he going to leave behind?
    what is Ron or Paul going to do for the Iraqi people?

12. TopTop #12
    ThePhiant

no wonder he can't figure out a middle east policy when his first name is his last name

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    Ahem, it's one guy named "Ron Paul" that he's referring to.

Like Bill Maher, for a while I thought it was "RuPaul" the transvestite entertainer (?) that was running as a Republican candidate, but no... it's this other Dr. Ron Paul dude.

13. TopTop #13
    OrchardDweller

70 Congressmen and women sent Bush a letter stating he'd get no more military funding from them unless it includes a complete withdrawal of combat troops from Iraq. All of the them are Democrates, except for one. Guess who?
    I posted this elsewhere, but here's the link in case you missed it.

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23841