This post was sent to me from Sara Rich of Oregon, the mother of Suzanne Swift suzanneswift.org who was repeatedly sexually harassed and assaulted in Iraq by her commanding officers. I have other letters from Sara about Suzanne that I will share with WACCO readers.....V

My apologies for using this listserve for this post, but I need to get the word out. Peace~ Sara

Happy 4th of July~
As many people celebrate their 4th of July, things will be different in my family. Fireworks no longer hold the same appeal after I found my daughter shrinking into a ball. She heard the loud noises that remind her of Iraq and what it was like to be directly in a combat zone. No fireworks for me or many of my friends who have loved ones that are combat veterans.
Although my family does not drink beer, we all usually associate beer with the 4th of July. My husband is a member of Teamster Union Local 206. The Union members that work for a company called Western Beverage after MONTHS of negotiations decided to go on strike. There was no real negotiations with the company because their main objective was to get the Union out of their company. This would help them join the rest of "American" big business and slash workers benefits and do what they want with their employees. Our Teamsters went into these negotiations to fight a battle that was impossible to win. Western Beverage delivers for Anheuser-Busch company ie: BUDWEISER beer.
When I told my daughter Suzanne about this, she said to me, "Isn't that what America stands for, protecting workers rights?" I replied that is exactly right. American unions, like Teamsters, are there for a reason: to protect our workers. When big business tries to intimidate and bully them out, it is not only un-American, it is the most un-patriotic thing I have ever been witness to. Pension plans and solid health care benefits should not be up for discussion, they should be available to all Americans and not something you bargain with.
As I was picketing Western Beverage with my husband, one of the Western Beverage security guards attacked one of the other wives that was there supporting her husband. The Security Guard grabbed her by the hair and sprayed pepper spray in her face. Once again, is this an American value? Pepper spraying a woman because she is standing up for her family's right to health care? As I was walking the picket line, trucks were trying to get in, pushing their way through and almost running over the families that were their walking the line. Shame on Western Beverage for being violent and greedy corporate mongers and thinking only of their own profits. Who is going to protect the American worker if not unions like Teamsters?
So, as our family celebrates the 4th of July, please boycott Anheuser-Busch and Western Beverage with us. Come down and join our picket line at Terry and West 11th. The Teamster Union Local 206 would love to have you with us. It's time to stand up and say no more shameful un-American union busting. We the American workers have a right to our benefits. Teachers, Police Officers, Albertsons, Carpenters, Safeway. UPS, State Employees, you are all a part of this.
We need your help.
Thanks.
Peace~

Sara Rich, M.S.W

International breweries

Overseas, Anheuser-Busch operates 15 breweries - 14 in China and one in the United Kingdom; In China, A-B operates Budweiser Wuhan International Brewing Company, Ltd. and Harbin Brewery Group Ltd which A-B fully acquired in 2004. Chinese production of AB products in China started, in Wuhan, after their purchase of a local brewery in 1997. In the United Kingdom, the Budweiser Stag Brewing Company Ltd. produces and packages Budweiser.

Budweiser is also locally brewed in eight countries outside the Unites States. They are: Argentina, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Russia, South Korea and Spain.

Anheuser-Busch strategic equity investments include:

* 50% of Grupo Modelo in Mexico[citation needed]
* 27% of Tsingtao Brewery Company Ltd. in China[citation needed]
* 30% of craft beer Redhook Ale Brewery[citation needed]
* An equity stake in Widmer Brothers Brewery[citation needed]

Beverage products

Anheuser-Busch brews over 40 different beers and malt liquors, which have won 12 World Beer Cup awards.

* Budweiser Family
o Budweiser (World Beer Cup Bronze Medal, 1996)
o Bud Light
o Budweiser Select
o Bud Dry
o Bud Ice
o Bud Ice Light
* The Michelob Family
o Michelob
o Michelob Light (World Beer Cup Bronze Medal, 2006)
o Michelob Ultra (World Beer Cup Bronze Medal, 2004)
o Michelob Ultra Amber (World Beer Cup Silver Medal, 2006)
o Michelob Honey Lager
o Michelob AmberBock (World Beer Cup Bronze Medal, 1998)
o Michelob Golden Draft
o Michelob Golden Draft Light
o Michelob Bavarian Wheat
* Busch Family
o Busch
o Busch Light
o Busch Ice
* The Natural Family
o Natural Light
o Natural Ice
* Specialty Beers
o Bud Extra
o Bare Knuckle Stout
o Anheuser World Lager
o ZiegenBock
o Redbridge (gluten-free)
o Rolling Rock
* Seasonal Beers
o Spring's Heat Spiced Wheat (spring)
o Beach Bum Blonde Ale (summer)
o Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale (fall)
o Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale (winter)
* Non-alcohol
o O'Doul's (World Beer Cup Gold Medal, 2006)
o O'Doul's Amber (4 World Beer Cup Medals)
o Busch NA
* Energy Drinks
o 180 Blue
o 180 Sport Drink
o 180 Energy
* Specialty Organic Beers
o Stone Mill Pale Ale
o Wild Hop Lager
* Specialty Malt Beverages
o Bacardi Silver
o PEELS
o Spykes
o Tequiza
o TILT
* Malt Liquors
o Hurricane Malt Liquor
o Hurricane Ice
o King Cobra (World Beer Cup Silver Medal, 2004)

In addition to brewing beer, Anheuser-Busch also is responsible for the import into the United States of:

* Grolsch
* Harbin Lager
* Tiger Beer
* Kirin
* Stella Artois
* Beck's
* Bass Ale
* Hoegaarden
* Leffe