Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tars

How the Mexican Immigration Problem Will Solve Itself

"There has been a stunning decline in the fertility rate in Mexico, which means that, in a few years there will not be many teenagers in Mexico looking for work in the United States or anywhere else. If this trend in the fertility rate continues, Mexico will resemble Japan and Italy - rapidly aging populations with too few young workers to support the economy."

From the TCS daily website: FULL ARTICLE
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dynamique

Re: How the Mexican Immigration Problem Will Solve Itself

The best solution to this problem is to get rid of the fundamental cause: NAFTA and CAFTA!

When people can no longer make a living working the land that they have been on or owned for generations due to the subsidized imported crops created by NAFTA/CAFTA, they have no choice but to migrate in search of work to survive.

It seems very strange that almost nobody seems to have pieced this together, including several of the "progressive" presidential candidates who really should know better. Thank goodness for progressive talk radio to educate us

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post

"There has been a stunning decline in the fertility rate in Mexico, which means that, in a few years there will not be many teenagers in Mexico looking for work in the United States or anywhere else. If this trend in the fertility rate continues, Mexico will resemble Japan and Italy - rapidly aging populations with too few young workers to support the economy."

3. TopTop #3
    OrchardDweller

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    The best solution to this problem is to get rid of the fundamental cause: NAFTA and CAFTA!

When people can no longer make a living working the land that they have been on or owned for generations due to the subsidized imported crops created by NAFTA/CAFTA, they have no choice but to migrate in search of work to survive.

It seems very strange that almost nobody seems to have pieced this together, including several of the "progressive" presidential candidates who really should know better. Thank goodness for progressive talk radio to educate us
    Presidential candidate Ron Paul has definitely pieced it together:
    https://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/a...d-sovereignty/

4. TopTop #4
    Dynamique

That's great news! Dennis Kucinich seems to have had the NAFTA epiphany too. Bless his heart. Such a shame that he is so far out in left field that he's unelectable.

Bill Maher really seems to admire your guy Ron Paul. Why is he calling himself a Republican? It' just a turnoff to a significant group of potential supporters.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OrchardDweller: View Post
    Presidential candidate Ron Paul has definitely pieced it together:
    https://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/a...d-sovereignty/

5. TopTop #5
    OrchardDweller

That's great news! Dennis Kucinich seems to have had the NAFTA epiphany too. Bless his heart. Such a shame that he is so far out in left field that he's unelectable.

Bill Maher really seems to admire your guy Ron Paul. Why is he calling himself a Republican? It' just a turnoff to a significant group of potential supporters.
    Ron Paul actually ran as a Libertarian in 1988. He has suggested that it's nearly impossible to win as a third party candidate. He does say however that his values reflect those of the original republican party and not those of the neocons who have taken over. These original republican values include small government with little interference from them in our personal lives.

6. TopTop #6
    thewholetruth

As a disillusioned Republican, I was surprised Paul was still a member of the Republican Party, considering he doesn't support their platform. I love Ron Paul, but I'm afraid that not enough people got on his bandwagon. I did. I went to RP headquarters in Santa Rosa, got bumper stickers and a lawn sign. But his campaign, while raising millions on the internet, never got rolling here in Sonoma County, nor has it seemed to be evident anywhere else. The media ignores him completely now.

My problem with him now is that, like Ross Perot, Ron Paul will only serve to take votes away from the Democraps and the Repugnicans.

I think Ron Paul would make the best president we've seen in decades. Sad that people simply aren't rallying behind him.

Don

7. TopTop #7
    Lenny

Quote Posted in reply to the post by donc1955: View Post
    The media ignores him completely now.
    I think Ron Paul would make the best president we've seen in decades. Sad that people simply aren't rallying behind him. Don
    Concur. The problem, in part, is that he will not support any country. Private business would be OK, but our tax dollars would not go to places like "every where in the world", which includes our very influential friends, Israel.
    So down in silent flames he went.

8. TopTop #8
    Reportanddeport

I hadn't heard this, but it sounds reasonable, since so many Mexicans are dumping their anchor babies in this calving ground called the U.S.A. And I've heard that towns in Mexico are deserted, except for the old people, who naturally can't have babies.
    But Mexico will NEVER run out of invaders for the U.S.A. until there are some actual REPERCUSSIONS for sneaking into America.
    As long as American taxpayers pay the illegal aliens to dump their babies here and provide health care for them, then the Globalist corporations will be happy to to provide just enough money to feed the illegal aliens who lower American wages.
    It's amazing that Katie Koran herself presents this news about an illegal alien who sneaked in to dump her baby here, but "doesn't understand the resentment". https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008...n4000401.shtml

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post

9. TopTop #9
    thewholetruth

Well, I, for one, support our support of Israel...and Great Brittain, and any other ally who WANTS us and our bases on their land. I do NOT support our bases being located in 130 countries on the planet like it is right now because I'm POSITIVE that they don't all want us there. HellOOoo?!? Sorry, but evil intent seems so obvious in what we're doing militarily around the globe right now. Again, I'm sure, having to do with the Powers That Be who would love to rule the world, and who plan to.

I can't believe that collectively Americans are such blind fools. I just find it hard to believe. Oh sure, I see it every day, but a part of me wants to believe that there are actually tens of millions of intelligent people, a majority even, who see through this political b.s. dog and pony show that's supposed to be "democracy". I'm beginning to suspect, however, that the government has effectively gotten far too many people focused on themselves and their own self interests to the point that we've got to try to protect ourselves from imaginary enemies like Wi-Fi radiation and at the same time allow toxic nuclear waste to be burned in our own backyards.

I'm digressing, I'm sure...

Don

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lenny: View Post
    Concur. The problem, in part, is that he will not support any country. Private business would be OK, but our tax dollars would not go to places like "every where in the world", which includes our very influential friends, Israel.
    So down in silent flames he went.
    Last edited by thewholetruth; 04-15-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added "and who plan to" and corrected spelling (political)

10. TopTop #10
    Lenny

Why support England, Germany, Israel, or any body with our military? Didn't before WWII, and no need to know!?!
    We can best influence by modeling and they can follow, or not. And yet folks GASP when McCain says we'll be in Iraq for a hundred years! We've been in all those other "friendly" places for over half that already!
    Sorry, but having it both ways may be real geopolitic, but it still sucks and is contrary to our Constitution as well as the dignity of other nation-states.

As for being so hard on US people....well, we only are as good as the information we receive...and between some of the nut-job information out there, our own government giving us lies, or worst yet, half-truths, and our own freedom to watch American Idol or Charlie Rose, and the News Hour, it is a hard place to live in.....
    Oh, and we are already focused on ourselves, so we don't need the government to do it for us. Focusing on our selves is a good thing, a survival mechanism, when we are babies/children. And that is where the government works against us....they want us to allow THEM to do stuff FOR US, and thus keep us as children. They want our money to have them do stuff for us, and they do it so.....inefficiently, or worse yet, coldly inefficient. Grown up do things for themselves AND others......while children can only focus on......OK, I'm a hypocrite. I can only focus on the pain in my back right now; got to go lay down for a bit.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by donc1955: View Post
    Well, I, for one, support our support of Israel...and Great Brittain, and any other ally who WANTS us and our bases on their land. I do NOT support our bases being located in 130 countries on the planet like it is right now because I'm POSITIVE that they don't all want us there. HellOOoo?!? Sorry, but evil intent seems so obvious in what we're doing militarily around the globe right now. Again, I'm sure, having to do with the Powers That Be who would love to rule the world, and who plan to.

I can't believe that collectively Americans are such blind fools. I just find it hard to believe. Oh sure, I see it every day, but a part of me wants to believe that there are actually tens of millions of intelligent people, a majority even, who see through this political b.s. dog and pony show that's supposed to be "democracy". I'm beginning to suspect, however, that the government has effectively gotten far too many people focused on themselves and their own self interests to the point that we've got to try to protect ourselves from imaginary enemies like Wi-Fi radiation and at the same time allow toxic nuclear waste to be burned in our own backyards.
    I'm digressing, I'm sure...
    Don

11. TopTop #11
    thewholetruth

Why support England, Germany, Israel, or any body with our military? Didn't before WWII, and no need to know!?!
    Allies support one another, that's why.

As for being so hard on US people....well, we only are as good as the information we receive...and between some of the nut-job information out there, our own government giving us lies, or worst yet, half-truths, and our own freedom to watch American Idol or Charlie Rose, and the News Hour, it is a hard place to live in.....
    Oh, puh-LEASE, Lenny! You can't be serious. Israel is "a hard place to live in". Afghanistan is "a hard place to live in". Kenya is "a hard place to live in". America is NOT "a hard place to live in", sir, even with American Idol and Charlie Rose.

Oh, and we are already focused on ourselves, so we don't need the government to do it for us. Focusing on our selves is a good thing, a survival mechanism, when we are babies/children. And that is where the government works against us....they want us to allow THEM to do stuff FOR US, and thus keep us as children. They want our money to have them do stuff for us, and they do it so.....inefficiently, or worse yet, coldly inefficient. Grown up do things for themselves AND others......while children can only focus on......OK, I'm a hypocrite. I can only focus on the pain in my back right now; got to go lay down for a bit.
    I agree. The government has been playing us for chumps for a long, long time. Know why? Collectively, we ARE chumps! Give me a break: The latest polls find that our BIGGEST concern right now is GAS prices ?!? Gas has gone up $1/gallon over the last year. What's that in the average tank? An extra $16 a week to fill up? What a joke that $16 bucks a week is our BIGGEST concern right now! The MEDIA does that to us, keeps us focused on the small stuff while the government effectively steals our futures, and WE argue with EACH OTHER about this petty crap like whether or not ILLEGAL ALIENS BELONG HERE! That's just sad. Let's think: "ILLEGAL". Mm-hmm. And "ALIENS". Hmmm. I guess they DON'T belong here, but here we are, arguing about something upon which common sense dictates we should ALL agree. The power of the MEDIA to make intelligent people act like fools...scary stuff. And we aren't smart enough, collectively, to see them playing us all for fools.

Hope your back feels better, Lenny.

Don

12. TopTop #12
    shellebelle

Last night as I watched Rich write this and over a long conversation it lead to I was sure I didn't agree.

Today though I read this article from my home town

https://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/30/im...ker/index.html

And suddenly gas prices skyrocketing seems to be the answer to many things including potentially illegal immigration.

So as much as my heart cries "Granny Smith needs her oil for her stove! This isn't fair!" another side says wait a second if things are bad here how many people will return to their native countries since America isn't "The Land of Opportunity" it's been made out to be.

Hmmmm maybe immigration will fix itself via a crashing economy!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by PeriodThree: View Post
    Another view is _should_ anything be done about skyrocketing oil prices?

It seems to me like high oil prices are a good thing for the our nation and for the world as a whole.

13. TopTop #13
    Tars

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shellebelle: View Post
    Hmmmm maybe immigration will fix itself via a crashing economy!
    For all our sakes, we better hope this doesn't happen. Mexico's economy is highly interdependent with ours. If it goes extremely bad here, it would be unimaginably worse south of the border. It would just as likely cause a change from the current relatively small stream of illegal immigrants, to a flood of starving desperate campesinos.

Also, if there aren't jobs here for foreign workers, it means that our agricultural sector would've crashed, and stopped producing. Without the agricultural output, illegal immigrants would be the least of our problems. It would be like something out of a Stephen King end-of-the-world story. Please pass the soylent green...